Post-bacc advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wao2221

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a current nurse still working full-time and taking two classes with labs seems like it is going to be impossible to get As in both while working FT. I am currently enrolled for Ochem 1 and Bio 1 for this fall. I'm worried though, that I won't do well in one or the other due to the demand for courses. I'm considering just doing one class each semester to ensure I can devote enough time to them in order to get As. If I were to drop one class, does anyone have insight on whether or not schools would look down on the fact that I've only taken one class per semester? I don't want to hurt myself in the application cycle by not having "academic rigor" but on the other hand, I don't want B's.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was about to start my post-bacs I was in the same predicament. I met with the admissions dean at my university’s med school and asked for some advice. I was told they would rather see you had the maturity to pace yourself for success instead of perform below average. Go at the rate you can succeed in I really don’t think it will matter. Pretty reasonable that you couldn’t take 2 classes at once because you were working full time. Honestly when I was interviewing for schools the topic of my post bac never came up.

Reactions: 1 user