Post-Bacc Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lincoln87

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a quick question regarding courses for post-bacc. My current selection for this semester:
- First year sociology (don't have any humanities)
- First year chem (want to show recent mastery)
- Upper year cell bio
- Upper year bio statistics
- Upper year animal bio

I am considering dropping the animal bio in place of first year psych. Since I have little humanities, I think this will look better. Would you guys pick an upper year course or an additional humanities? I should also mention I'm writing the MCAT for the second time after this year, so psych will help with that as well.

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Need more info man. This is too vague. What are your stats? What have you already completed? How far are you in to the post-bacc? etc.

Take the pre-reqs and then add biochem, cell bio, genetics, and maybe embryo and go from there. You don't need undergrad level anatomy or anything else to get a head start. I do believe the biochem, genetics, and the embryo will be useful.

Bio stats was apparently heavily tested on one person's USMLE STEP 1 so I wouldn't ignore that.

Skip all that humanities crap; that is all a waste of time IMO. My guess is you could also write the MCAT with a psych/social review course.

I just had a quick question regarding courses for post-bacc. My current selection for this semester:
- First year sociology (don't have any humanities)
- First year chem (want to show recent mastery)
- Upper year cell bio
- Upper year bio statistics
- Upper year animal bio

I am considering dropping the animal bio in place of first year psych. Since I have little humanities, I think this will look better. Would you guys pick an upper year course or an additional humanities? I should also mention I'm writing the MCAT for the second time after this year, so psych will help with that as well.

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks.

Some schools actually require having had a psych/soc course or two, so I'd keep that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that humanities are different than social sciences (psych and sociology are social sciences). If you're looking for humanities think literature, classics, art history, etc.

You need to pick your classes depending on which schools you want to go to. Look at the MSAR. For example, Creighton requires advanced physiology and biochem.

Reactions: 1 user