IshanB

15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2004
Status (Visible)
I've been reading about post bacc programs with a link to some med school in a lot of the posts, but havent had much luck finding these programs. Anyone have any info on these programs that are linked to a medical school? guarantee an interview/acceptance upon completing their program?

edmadison

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2001
Lactate > 15
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by IshanB
I've been reading about post bacc programs with a link to some med school in a lot of the posts, but havent had much luck finding these programs. Anyone have any info on these programs that are linked to a medical school? guarantee an interview/acceptance upon completing their program?

Very few programs have a guarenteed acceptance to med school. Tufts come to mind, I don't know of others. Several have links to med schools which give you a really good chance of an interview and a pretty good chance of acceptance. I know that Bryn Mawr, Columbia and Penn have programs like this. That's how I got in. Bryn Mawr --> Rochester.

Ed

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2001
Limbo
www.xocandles.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by edmadison
Very few programs have a guarenteed acceptance to med school. Tufts come to mind, I don't know of others. Several have links to med schools which give you a really good chance of an interview and a pretty good chance of acceptance. I know that Bryn Mawr, Columbia and Penn have programs like this. That's how I got in. Bryn Mawr --> Rochester.

Ed

Ed always forgets to mention Temple when he mentions programs in PA! :D

About the Ads

abbeacon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
There are no guarantees in post-bacc programs, or in life, for that matter.. However, many post-bacc/master's programs do have good placement into their affiliated medical schools provided you do very well academically. Some that come to my mind (albeit not an exhaustive list) are: Drexel, UMDNJ, and MCV.

Regardless of the program, your chance of acceptance hinges upon not merely getting through the program, but rather excelling, and doing at least as well or better than classmates in your program. I'm about the farthest thing from competitive, but I knew that my performance in my MS program (UMDNJ) would be compared to the performance of my classmates, as all of us had typically applied to similar schools.

abbeacon

Originally posted by IshanB

nweb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2003
Madison, WI
Status (Visible)
Has anyone been through the MCV/VCU program?

I have been talking with the program coordinator, and I am probably going to send an app to them. Nice options for focusing your grad certificate work and staying on for the MS if you aren't accepted in the first year. A bit expensive though...

Thanks

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.