Post Bacc Programs with low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b5311978

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've looked around for similar threads and found older entries. I apologies for the repeat, but wanted to create one for more recent answers.

I'm a business and psychology major with a 3.1 GPA. I'm looking for a post bacc program that I would have a shot at that can be completed in less than 2 years, preferably.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

This is going to be a bad response, I saw a thread about this topic somewhere on SDN but have no clue where it was. I remember seeing a lot of people saying to look into postbacc/md programs, the one I found with the best results was the AAMD.org results when you google "post bacc md programs"

I think the decline in more recent responses is due to the fact that many people now do DIY post baccs as opposed to formal post baccs due to cost and convenience. I think this is even more true for non-traditional students who often have other obligations and are looking to save money.

With a cGPA over a 3.0, you probably won't get screened out of any of the formal post bacc programs that are targeted at career changers. It will mostly come down to how much you are willing to paying and to where you are willing to relocate; which are only things you can determine. You should go to https://apps.aamc.org/postbac/#/index and filter the search using your own criteria. You will have to do some work and go to their websites to see the GPA floors for specific programs.

Unless you have explicit reasons for wanting to do a formal post bacc (like linkages to particular medical schools) you should also looking at doing a DIY post bacc as a second degree student at your local/state U as you might have better options with respect to financial aid and scholarship opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user