Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Post-Bacc

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Phong1974, Jan 31, 2000.

1. Phong1974

Phong1974 New Member

I was thinking about doing Post-Bacc study before applying to Osteopathic school for the 2001 school year. I was wondering if that would better by chances at being accepted. I'm graduating this spring. Please help.

Phong

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well if you haven't taken any premed courses, then a post-bacc program is REQUIRED for application to either allopathic or osteopathic medical schools.

If you mean post-bacc as in taking courses after getting the BA, it could help you pull a bad GPA up.

Tim of New York City.

4. whisper

whisper New Member

You do not have to do a post bacc though it is advisable. I know of a student who just took the required course work on her own and is now in medical school. But a postbacc is good. Esp if they have a linkage porgram with a medical school and provide a good environment. Serveral good ones are Columbia, Bryn Mawr, and NYU check out the AAMC website for more info search post baccs