post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyLikeAFox

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again!

Quick question. I am considering all of the possibilities and institutions which have post bacc premed programs.

1)which programs would you say are the "best" (top 5 or so)
2)how important is the perceived "prestige" of the program?

Thanks guys and gals, you are always a big help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hard to say what's "best", I'd say the "best" are the ones that have formal linkages to medical school or have a general good rep- not entirely sure which ones do, but to name some: Goucher, Columbia, Brandeis, Bryn Mawr, etc.. Look around through the postbac forum and run a search, your answer will be found there

Best is subjective. The competitive ones like bryn mawr and goucher have pretty tough stats to get in and a very good success rate...but many of these people didn't have poor grades to begin with. Also depends on what type of post-bacc you mean. I am doing "post-bacc" now but I just got accepted to a school closer to home and am majoring in biology. You don't have the linkage programs (which are tough to get anyway),but you do get the benefit of instate tuition, slightly less competition, and a little slower pacing to build up other stats. I chose it over applying to a few programs because excluding the linkage...not much different was offered to me. I get premed advising here, access to writing centers, research opportunities, and strong enough courses. Don't know what else I'd really need. I am saving a boatload of money too. I am paying about 10k a year tuition here versus the 30k or so for many of those programs.