-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Post-December Invites Club
Started by Dental 4ever
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any news from any schools?
I got one from UPenn yesterday fwiw. Haven't seen anyone else post about UPenn tho
Yes, I noticed that as well. I also saw some from NYU. I am waiting patiently for one.MWU-IL sent out some invites.
Yay! Congratulations! You will do great. I didn't see anyone else posting about UPenn interviews recently too. Is it in January?I got one from UPenn yesterday fwiw. Haven't seen anyone else post about UPenn tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I noticed that as well. I also saw some from NYU. I am waiting patiently for one.
Yay! Congratulations! You will do great. I didn't see anyone else posting about UPenn interviews recently too. Is it in January?
Yep, 2nd week of January
Yes, I noticed that as well. I also saw some from NYU. I am waiting patiently for one.
Yay! Congratulations! You will do great. I didn't see anyone else posting about UPenn interviews recently too. Is it in January?
Are you waiting for NYU or MWU?
NYUAre you waiting for NYU or MWU?
Who is still waiting for more invites before Christmas!?
D
deleted632307
Me!Who is still waiting for more invites before Christmas!?
Which schools are you waiting to hear from?
Who is still waiting for more invites before Christmas!?
Waiting to hear from Maryland, Case, Michigan (not sure if they do post dec tho), MWU-IL, and Louisville.
Haven't heard from UNC but I'm assuming they're already done for OOS.
D
deleted632307
Which schools are you waiting to hear from?
I'm waiting to hear back from 13 schools (3 in state + 10 out of state)... pretty much got the silent treatment from most places I applied to.
Got Indiana somehow. Touro is coming up too. I am waiting on BU and Tufts. Pls I don't wanna reapply next cycle...
sigh really hoping I get an interview from them. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?Got a interview invite at MWI-IL today. Keep your hopes up it could be you next
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ive gotten the silent treatment as well. I applied to 10 schools and not a peep.
I haven't heard from a majority of my schools also. Is this a good or bad sign?Ive gotten the silent treatment as well. I applied to 10 schools and not a peep.
I'm waiting to hear back from 13 schools (3 in state + 10 out of state)... pretty much got the silent treatment from most places I applied to.
Ive gotten the silent treatment as well. I applied to 10 schools and not a peep.
I haven't heard from a majority of my schools also. Is this a good or bad sign?
Story of my life right now! lol I also didn't hear from 14 schools (3 in state + 11 out of state). @Keklel, are you from Texas!? lol . I am assuming it's a good thing! No news is good news lol 🙂
Congrats! good job on improving your score. I know how stressful it is to re-take the DAT. I did it myself for 3 times 🙁DAT 1st attempt: 16 AA/ 16 TS /18 BIO/ 15 OC/ 16 GC/ 20 PAT/ 15 RC/ 15 QR
DAT 2st attempt: 19 AA/ 19 TS /19 BIO/ 19 OC/ 19 GC/ 19 PAT/ 19 RC/ 17 QR
GPA : 3.48 SGPA: 3.45
I know, very avg. right.
Congratulation. So you got invited by Touro!? That's awesome. I hope we ALL don't have to re-apply.Got Indiana somehow. Touro is coming up too. I am waiting on BU and Tufts. Pls I don't wanna reapply next cycle...
D
deleted632307
Yeah I am, I'm guessing you are too??Story of my life right now! lol I also didn't hear from 14 schools (3 in state + 11 out of state). @Keklel, are you from Texas!? lol . I am assuming it's a good thing! No news is good news lol 🙂
D
deleted632307
Congrats on Indiana! That's great 🙂Got Indiana somehow. Touro is coming up too. I am waiting on BU and Tufts. Pls I don't wanna reapply next cycle...
Yes I am 🙂Yeah I am, I'm guessing you are too??
Interview #2 : Touro
Notification date: 12/20
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS Mail-out day: Not mailed yet (submitted 12/15!!)
GPA: sGPA-3.91, oGPA- 3.90
DAT: AA-24, TS-22, PAT-24
Notification date: 12/20
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS Mail-out day: Not mailed yet (submitted 12/15!!)
GPA: sGPA-3.91, oGPA- 3.90
DAT: AA-24, TS-22, PAT-24
Got UNLV pre-December 1st invite for a January interview and just recently WesternU post-December 1st invite for a January interview! I've heard a lot of schools will be sending invites from January till February/March so don't be discouraged. Good luck everyone 🙂
That's awesome! Your scores are great btw 🙂 Good luck!Interview #2 : Touro
Notification date: 12/20
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS Mail-out day: Not mailed yet (submitted 12/15!!)
GPA: sGPA-3.91, oGPA- 3.90
DAT: AA-24, TS-22, PAT-24
Congratulations! Did you contact WesternU in any ways since you submitted your application?Got UNLV pre-December 1st invite for a January interview and just recently WesternU post-December 1st invite for a January interview! I've heard a lot of schools will be sending invites from January till February/March so don't be discouraged. Good luck everyone 🙂
Thank you! Yes I called in once a month and asked for my status and just checked up on my app. They appreciated that.Congratulations! Did you contact WesternU in any ways since you submitted your application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome! Just called and they were out of the office. I guys I have to wait until they come back. Thank you for your help 🙂Thank you! Yes I called in once a month and asked for my status and just checked up on my app. They appreciated that.
What schools are still open this week guys? I am trying to contact admissions, and I was wondering which schools are open!
No post December news for me. Looks like I'll be reapplying again in June 

Don't say that. You still have plenty of time. What are your stats/EC's, and which schools did you apply to?No post December news for me. Looks like I'll be reapplying again in June![]()
Congrats... can you share your stats please? 🙂I received an interview invitation yesterday from NYU College of Dentistry, finally some good news.
Congrats... can you share your stats please? 🙂
3.29 BCP, 3.22 Science, & 3.21 Overall with a DAT of 20 AA, 20 TS, & 22 PAT.
2.99 sgpa, 3.17 ogpa. 18 DAT 24 RC 19 PAT so those aren't great.Don't say that. You still have plenty of time. What are your stats/EC's, and which schools did you apply to?
Dental assistant for 3 years, president of dental club, volunteering, multiple jobs, research, overseas medical trips etc
I had a predecember interview at my state school and got rejected.
Just not looking great. Gonna have to take the DAT again this summer and continue taking grad classes ):
Yeah the GPA and DAT could use a little bit of work and you are on the right path with the classes and retaking the test! I still think you should wait it out and see what happens in the next few months. With the determination you have, it will end up working out at the end of the day.. Good luck!
Last edited:
Thank you. It's discouraging but this has been my dream since I was very young. I won't give up!Yeah the GPA and DAT could use a little bit of work and you are on the right path with the classes and retaking the test! I still think you should wait it out and see what happens in the next few months. With the determination you have, it will end up working out at the end of the day.. Good luck!
Same here! I wish you the best 🙂Thank you. It's discouraging but this has been my dream since I was very young. I won't give up!
bump
Happy New Year guys 🙂 January is the month we should hear the most from. Let's hope we hear back starting this week. Good luck 😉
Got one from Western U for February!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just now?Got one from Western U for February!
Thank you. It's discouraging but this has been my dream since I was very young. I won't give up!
Hey there! My stats are literally just about identical to yours.
I've already had 1 post-dec interview and have 2 post-dec interviews coming up and If I can do it my friend YOU can do it. I recommend that you contact the schools either through email or phone call and inquire about your app status. This shows interest. If you have an academic update or something that would also benefit you to provide them with!!!
Never lose hope or give up my friend, you will become a dentist some day. Rooting for you!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
They called and emailed me yesterday to set it up.Just now?
That's awesome!!! Can you share your stats please? Are you from Cali?They called and emailed me yesterday to set it up.
Anyone hear from Tufts, Temple, BU, Rutgers, Buffalo, Stony Brook, Meharry or Maryland post-dec?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K