You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Post-December Invites Club
Started by Dental 4ever
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First reply to the thread. Hopefully this brings me good fortune
SAME HERE! Let's keep our fingers crossed 🙂First reply to the thread. Hopefully this brings me good fortune


Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Luck Everyone! I have one post-December interview so far. Hopefully we all get plenty! 



Had one pre-dec, no decision yet, probably wait listed/rejection.... I have a few interviews coming up....I have a couple 🙂. Post dec invites are serious business people!
Let's hope for the best 🙂
D
deleted632307
One pre-Dec interview -> waitlist, checking in.
Do most schools wait a month until applicants pay their deposits before giving out post-Dec interviews? Or does it depend on the school?
Do most schools wait a month until applicants pay their deposits before giving out post-Dec interviews? Or does it depend on the school?
probably depends on the school, some school gonna offer more interviews during the next month, many schools already have post dec interviews booked.One pre-Dec interview -> waitlist, checking in.
Do most schools wait a month until applicants pay their deposits before giving out post-Dec interviews? Or does it depend on the school?
I'm really pulling for you Dental 4ever! I saw you on SDN last cycle and you were always so positive. I hope things go your way this time!SAME HERE! Let's keep our fingers crossed 🙂![]()
THANK YOU! I am trying to be positive 🙂 I feel that this cycle IS the one! Thank you Tarty tartar 😉I'm really pulling for you Dental 4ever! I saw you on SDN last cycle and you were always so positive. I hope things go your way this time!
Not necessarily. I was looking at last year's thread, and I found a lot of invites were given out starting the first two weeks of December. The applicants that got accepted already will be declining their post-dec interviews if they got in their dream school. Therefore, schools will be inviting more of us to fill these empty spots on their interview dates in December and January. Source: 3rd time re-applicant 😀One pre-Dec interview -> waitlist, checking in.
Do most schools wait a month until applicants pay their deposits before giving out post-Dec interviews? Or does it depend on the school?
Didn't really think I would end up being an active part of this thread but after 4 pre December interviews and 3 rejections and a waitlist later, here I am haha. Good luck to all of you!
I have one acceptance that I have to confirm or decline by Dec. 30, and an interview at a school I am really interested in on Dec.9. What are the chances that I will know if I am accepted by this second school before I have to commit to the first one and put down the deposit? I didn't realize that schools did interviews DURING december and what that means for acceptance turn-around time. That said, I am very excited about my acceptance, and really do like the school.
I have one acceptance that I have to confirm or decline by Dec. 30, and an interview at a school I am really interested in on Dec.9. What are the chances that I will know if I am accepted by this second school before I have to commit to the first one and put down the deposit? I didn't realize that schools did interviews DURING december and what that means for acceptance turn-around time. That said, I am very excited about my acceptance, and really do like the school.
Depends on the school! I've heard people hearing back within 3 days after their post-december interviews!
I'd say to be safe, hold off on paying the deposit! When you go to your interview on December 9th, ask them when you could expect to hear back!
Then go from there!
UNLV?I have one acceptance that I have to confirm or decline by Dec. 30, and an interview at a school I am really interested in on Dec.9. What are the chances that I will know if I am accepted by this second school before I have to commit to the first one and put down the deposit? I didn't realize that schools did interviews DURING december and what that means for acceptance turn-around time. That said, I am very excited about my acceptance, and really do like the school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first and only interview so far is a post-Dec.
Same! UDM? 🙂My first and only interview so far is a post-Dec.
NYU, scheduled to go in about 2 weeks.Same! UDM? 🙂
I am waiting patiently for an interview there! I hope I get one soon!NYU, scheduled to go in about 2 weeks.
NYU, scheduled to go in about 2 weeks.
Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!! There is quite a bit of walking
Also if you get there early, you can interview early! I started my interview at 7:45ish, and the guy before me started at like 7:35!
Thank you for the help!Depends on the school! I've heard people hearing back within 3 days after their post-december interviews!
I'd say to be safe, hold off on paying the deposit! When you go to your interview on December 9th, ask them when you could expect to hear back!
Then go from there!
No, MUSCUNLV?
Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!! There is quite a bit of walking
Also if you get there early, you can interview early! I started my interview at 7:45ish, and the guy before me started at like 7:35!
I'll be interviewing at NYU in two weeks as well Thanks for the advice! I plan on flying in the weekend before my interview so I'll try to get there as early as possible.
I got invited to an interview at UIC today (I'm OOS), so some schools are sending out interviews already. Good luck everyone.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
Could you provide me with your statsDidn't really think I would end up being an active part of this thread but after 4 pre December interviews and 3 rejections and a waitlist later, here I am haha. Good luck to all of you!
I hope I can be part of this club! I've only had one pre-December interview and that school hasn't gotten back to me yet so I'm in limbo ... Crossing my fingers for some invites my way.
Rescinded my UNLV interview. Good luck everyone!
Was expecting to see you there. hahaRescinded my UNLV interview. Good luck everyone!
LOL I know... I'll still be in Vegas, but I'm gonna be PARTYING!Was expecting to see you there. haha

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish I could have said the same.LOL I know... I'll still be in Vegas, but I'm gonna be PARTYING!![]()
Yayyy good news! Good luck ..I got invited to an interview at UIC today (I'm OOS), so some schools are sending out interviews already. Good luck everyone.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
NYU, scheduled to go in about 2 weeks.
Congrats on the interview! Would you mind sharing your stats? 🙂
Could you provide me with your stats
3.55 oGPA, 3.45 sGPA
22AA/23TS
Do you guys think sending new grades will raise our chances of getting an interview invite soon? I am waiting patiently for my semester to end so I can send new transcripts!
Do you guys think sending new grades will raise our chances of getting an interview invite soon? I am waiting patiently for my semester to end so I can send new transcripts!
I hope so! I am expecting all A's this semester so it shouldn't hurt. More importantly I will be completing Biochemistry which is a pre-requisite for a couple of the schools I haven't heard anything from yet. I will also send out a letter of intent to some of the schools and let them know I have increased my shadowing hours from 35 to 80. Hopefully this will help!
Just wondering what the consensus/ popular opinion is for the following:
Is it safe to say that applicants whom get interviewed post December have a SIGNIFICANT less probability of getting in? and if so, how much of a disadvantage do these interviewees face?
Is it safe to say that applicants whom get interviewed post December have a SIGNIFICANT less probability of getting in? and if so, how much of a disadvantage do these interviewees face?
I wouldn't freak out. I know 5 of my friends who got in later in the cycle and had interviews in Jan-March. I would just try to stay positive. I'm honestly scared because I only have one interview (post-dec) and no other school has really contacted me.Just wondering what the consensus/ popular opinion is for the following:
Is it safe to say that applicants whom get interviewed post December have a SIGNIFICANT less probability of getting in? and if so, how much of a disadvantage do these interviewees face?
one post dec interview at UDM
Same! Did you get invited pre or post December 1st?one post dec interview at UDM
Someone got an invite from Case Western today guys! I feel that next week will be a good one 😉
i received interview invite email pre december but my interview is in late january.Same! Did you get invited pre or post December 1st?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! 🙂 Good luck!Received an interview invite on Friday (12/4) from Minnesota.
Me too! I guess I will see you there 🙂i received interview invite email pre december but my interview is in late january.
From what I have been told from people in the admissions committee (2nd time applying here) is that for most schools chances do decrease of acceptance post Dec since most seats are filled but people do get accepted in after Dec interviews. I have known handful of people myself who had gotten a post-Dec interview and gotten in.Just wondering what the consensus/ popular opinion is for the following:
Is it safe to say that applicants whom get interviewed post December have a SIGNIFICANT less probability of getting in? and if so, how much of a disadvantage do these interviewees face?
At this point usually the interviews are in January but the invites could be sent out now, in a few weeks or right before the interview.. It really is case-by-case for each schooldo most schools wait until january to send out interviews since that's usually when first deposit it due?
Any news from any schools?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K