Post-December Invites Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental 4ever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Starting next week, we should start getting interview invites for post-Dec. Let's keep support each other and post any invites we get after Dec 1st :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good Luck Everyone! I have one post-December interview so far. Hopefully we all get plenty! :xf::xf:

Reactions: 3 users
I have a couple :). Post dec invites are serious business people!

Reactions: 1 users
I have a couple :). Post dec invites are serious business people!
Had one pre-dec, no decision yet, probably wait listed/rejection.... I have a few interviews coming up....
Let's hope for the best :)

One pre-Dec interview -> waitlist, checking in.

Do most schools wait a month until applicants pay their deposits before giving out post-Dec interviews? Or does it depend on the school?

Do most schools wait a month until applicants pay their deposits before giving out post-Dec interviews? Or does it depend on the school?
probably depends on the school, some school gonna offer more interviews during the next month, many schools already have post dec interviews booked.

SAME HERE! Let's keep our fingers crossed :) :xf::xf:
I'm really pulling for you Dental 4ever! I saw you on SDN last cycle and you were always so positive. I hope things go your way this time!

Reactions: 6 users
I'm really pulling for you Dental 4ever! I saw you on SDN last cycle and you were always so positive. I hope things go your way this time!
THANK YOU! I am trying to be positive :) I feel that this cycle IS the one! Thank you Tarty tartar ;)

Reactions: 6 users

Not necessarily. I was looking at last year's thread, and I found a lot of invites were given out starting the first two weeks of December. The applicants that got accepted already will be declining their post-dec interviews if they got in their dream school. Therefore, schools will be inviting more of us to fill these empty spots on their interview dates in December and January. Source: 3rd time re-applicant :D

Reactions: 7 users
Didn't really think I would end up being an active part of this thread but after 4 pre December interviews and 3 rejections and a waitlist later, here I am haha. Good luck to all of you!

I have one acceptance that I have to confirm or decline by Dec. 30, and an interview at a school I am really interested in on Dec.9. What are the chances that I will know if I am accepted by this second school before I have to commit to the first one and put down the deposit? I didn't realize that schools did interviews DURING december and what that means for acceptance turn-around time. That said, I am very excited about my acceptance, and really do like the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have one acceptance that I have to confirm or decline by Dec. 30, and an interview at a school I am really interested in on Dec.9. What are the chances that I will know if I am accepted by this second school before I have to commit to the first one and put down the deposit? I didn't realize that schools did interviews DURING december and what that means for acceptance turn-around time. That said, I am very excited about my acceptance, and really do like the school.

Depends on the school! I've heard people hearing back within 3 days after their post-december interviews!
I'd say to be safe, hold off on paying the deposit! When you go to your interview on December 9th, ask them when you could expect to hear back!
Then go from there!

Reactions: 2 users
UNLV?

My first and only interview so far is a post-Dec.

NYU, scheduled to go in about 2 weeks.

Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!! There is quite a bit of walking
Also if you get there early, you can interview early! I started my interview at 7:45ish, and the guy before me started at like 7:35!

Depends on the school! I've heard people hearing back within 3 days after their post-december interviews!
I'd say to be safe, hold off on paying the deposit! When you go to your interview on December 9th, ask them when you could expect to hear back!
Then go from there!
Thank you for the help!

Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!! There is quite a bit of walking
Also if you get there early, you can interview early! I started my interview at 7:45ish, and the guy before me started at like 7:35!

I'll be interviewing at NYU in two weeks as well Thanks for the advice! I plan on flying in the weekend before my interview so I'll try to get there as early as possible.

I got invited to an interview at UIC today (I'm OOS), so some schools are sending out interviews already. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Didn't really think I would end up being an active part of this thread but after 4 pre December interviews and 3 rejections and a waitlist later, here I am haha. Good luck to all of you!
Could you provide me with your stats

Part of this club as well.

I hope I can be part of this club! I've only had one pre-December interview and that school hasn't gotten back to me yet so I'm in limbo ... Crossing my fingers for some invites my way.

Reactions: 3 users
Joining this thread! I had one pre-dec interview at UNE and they haven't gotten back to me. No post-dec invites yet, just trying to stay somewhat hopeful!

Had one pre Dec interview and got rejected :( Hoping posting here sends a wave of post Dec interviews
Good Vibes Everyone! :love:

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys think sending new grades will raise our chances of getting an interview invite soon? I am waiting patiently for my semester to end so I can send new transcripts!

Do you guys think sending new grades will raise our chances of getting an interview invite soon? I am waiting patiently for my semester to end so I can send new transcripts!

I hope so! I am expecting all A's this semester so it shouldn't hurt. More importantly I will be completing Biochemistry which is a pre-requisite for a couple of the schools I haven't heard anything from yet. I will also send out a letter of intent to some of the schools and let them know I have increased my shadowing hours from 35 to 80. Hopefully this will help!

Just wondering what the consensus/ popular opinion is for the following:
Is it safe to say that applicants whom get interviewed post December have a SIGNIFICANT less probability of getting in? and if so, how much of a disadvantage do these interviewees face?

Is it safe to say that applicants whom get interviewed post December have a SIGNIFICANT less probability of getting in? and if so, how much of a disadvantage do these interviewees face?
I wouldn't freak out. I know 5 of my friends who got in later in the cycle and had interviews in Jan-March. I would just try to stay positive. I'm honestly scared because I only have one interview (post-dec) and no other school has really contacted me.

Someone got an invite from Case Western today guys! I feel that next week will be a good one ;)

Received an interview invite on Friday (12/2) from Minnesota.

Last edited:
From what I have been told from people in the admissions committee (2nd time applying here) is that for most schools chances do decrease of acceptance post Dec since most seats are filled but people do get accepted in after Dec interviews. I have known handful of people myself who had gotten a post-Dec interview and gotten in.

do most schools wait until january to send out interviews since that's usually when first deposit it due?

do most schools wait until january to send out interviews since that's usually when first deposit it due?
At this point usually the interviews are in January but the invites could be sent out now, in a few weeks or right before the interview.. It really is case-by-case for each school