Post-doc hours and licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IWillSurvive

Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am already licensed in one state and am attempting to get licensed in the state I'm practicing in (work for a federal organization currently). My current state requires 2000 supervised hours and 2 hours of supervision per week. I completed an APA-accredited post-doc in the VA that occurred across the course of a year (August 6th-August 2nd). When I counted the weekday hours across this time-period it comes out to 2080 hours; however, what I am realizing is that this does not account for the federal holidays and leave that I used during that year, which would move things below the 2000-mark.

What I'm wondering is...am I supposed to be subtracting holidays and leave from the total hours? If so, I'm not sure how I will be licensed in this state given that post-doc is over and I'm practicing as a psychologist. Feedback appreciated!