Post-doc hours and licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWillSurvive

Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am already licensed in one state and am attempting to get licensed in the state I'm practicing in (work for a federal organization currently). My current state requires 2000 supervised hours and 2 hours of supervision per week. I completed an APA-accredited post-doc in the VA that occurred across the course of a year (August 6th-August 2nd). When I counted the weekday hours across this time-period it comes out to 2080 hours; however, what I am realizing is that this does not account for the federal holidays and leave that I used during that year, which would move things below the 2000-mark.

What I'm wondering is...am I supposed to be subtracting holidays and leave from the total hours? If so, I'm not sure how I will be licensed in this state given that post-doc is over and I'm practicing as a psychologist. Feedback appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Usually, 2000hrs is interpreted as a 52 week work year, averaging 40hrs a week. People aren’t too strict on what that means. Seems to translate into: did you work full time and stay a year without huge absences?

Reactions: 3 users