PhD/PsyD Post-doc Licensing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressbll

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this topic and related guidance is posted in other threads, I did a quick search and wasn't able to find this scenario.

I am a post-doc at a UCC in a state whose psychology telehealth waivers (specifically the waiver that allows for non-licensed folxs to provide telehealth and provide/receive supervision virtually) are ending in the next few weeks, with no communication from the state's board of psychology so far that they will be extended.
Right now the UCC is offering a mix of in-person and virtual services depending on student preferences and student/staffing needs. If the waivers are not extended, us in training will only be able to count hours that are provided in-person. This is leading to various anxieties, including the health concerns from potential higher exposure to delta (I'm currently in an immunosuppressed position), though thankfully all staff are required to be vaccinated. Has anyone else, licensed or trainee status, encountered a similar situation during this stage of covid? Any advice for how to navigate these regulations or advocate for trainee needs?

Members don't see this ad.

That's a difficult and stressful situation, but probably the best thing to do is to direct this question to your state board and your supervisor since this is ultimately a question of "what hours will count." I know they're non-responsive for the moment, but they might be trying to figure it out themselves and you're probably not the only one asking.

I included this link below. My state board is treating is as APA guidance, which factored into their decision to continue to allow residents to count tele-health hours. Might be helpful as you advocate for yourself.

Reactions: 1 users