post for students in dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cluelessdr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
what resources did you guys use for dental anatomy class? i am struggling with carving teeth. any books, youtube videos, kits, etc?? thanks

my first couple teeth i waxed didnt look the best lol

Members don't see this ad.

I was absolutely horrible at waxing the first week. I thought i would never be good at it. I didn't watch any youtube videos, but i did get plenty of tips from D2's, and I spent hours upon hours practicing waxing outside of class. Eventually, things just sort of clicked. It's your first week, i wouldn't sweat not being amazing at waxing yet. Just keep practicing! Everyone in my class got the hang of it eventually.

Reactions: 1 users
I casually watched YouTube videos but that didn’t help as much as talking with upperclassmen. There was this absolute sage D4 who used to be a lab tech before dental school. He had the secret wisdom of the mystics and took me to the next level. I miss him. :(

Basically reach out to people who have done it before and learn from them in person. My actual classmates were completely worthless but this depends on the school, class culture, etc.