Post interview acceptance rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whirlpool159

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any resources that show post-interview acceptance rates for various DO schools? Also, does going to an earlier interview really increase your chances of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

None that I know of.

We tend to be more favorable to early interviewees because we know what they can get into any school they want.

At my school, we get ~5000 apps.

We interview ~500

We accept ~250-300.

We seat ~100.

If we can extrapolate data from MSAR on acceptees to matriculants at MD schools, then at any given DO school, they will accept about 3x the number of people that they have seats.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On average roughly 66% of those interviewed are accepted. Interviewing earlier always helps your chances because there are more seats open. Later you get into the cycle, you will see more waitlists, acceptances contingent upon available seats, acceptance for next year's class, etc.

Also know that the earlier you get an interview, the more competitive of an applicant you probably are for that particular school.

Thanks everyone! So if I get rejected this early on it's safe to assume something is really wrong with my interviewing skills moreso than with other aspects of my application.

Thanks everyone! So if I get rejected this early on it's safe to assume something is really wrong with my interviewing skills moreso than with other aspects of my application.

If it's rejection post interview then it's HIGHLY a problem with your actual interview... Adcoms screen pretty thoroughly before handing out interviews

Most likely. If you have an early interview date, chances are they like the other aspects of your application a lot.

Does anyone know of any resources that show post-interview acceptance rates for various DO schools? Also, does going to an earlier interview really increase your chances of acceptance?

Post interview acceptance rates vary pretty fantastically. Of schools I've researched, one accepts almost 70%, and there's a low ranking DO school that accepts less than 25%

Post interview acceptance rates vary pretty fantastically. Of schools I've researched, one accepts almost 70%, and there's a low ranking DO school that accepts less than 25%
RVU takes close to 85% post interview. Which school only takes 25% ?