post-interview rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ambrosia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like so far, people are either being waitlisted or accepted, but not rejected after an interview...is that right? SO far I'm on several waitlists, but not actually accepted anywhere yet, and it seems like being waitlisted doesn't mean a whole lot if EVERYONE either gets on the waitlist or accepted. SO does this mean that everyone basically just has to hang out and wait until March/April-ish to get an actual rejection? Or do some schools actually send out rejections after interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

my thoughts exactly, about the fact that being on a waitlist means nothing if there are a thousand others on it with you and it's not ranked (like Tulane). There are some schools that reject after interviews, but at some of my interviews they explicitly said that unless you REALLY screw up, the worst that can happen after an interview is being waitlisted. and yeah, i've heard back from those schools and i'm waitlisted....i've asked around and from what i've gathered i probably won't hear from them again (ie. get rejected) until march at earliest, but maybe after the May 15th deadline.

ambrosia said:
It seems like so far, people are either being waitlisted or accepted, but not rejected after an interview...is that right? SO far I'm on several waitlists, but not actually accepted anywhere yet, and it seems like being waitlisted doesn't mean a whole lot if EVERYONE either gets on the waitlist or accepted. SO does this mean that everyone basically just has to hang out and wait until March/April-ish to get an actual rejection? Or do some schools actually send out rejections after interviews?