1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Match ?'s.

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by Pegasus, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

so where can we find out who else matched at our program? Also, what are people doing to look for a place to live in their new area? I have considered talking to other residents in the program, ect...any ideas?

Pegasus

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Did you email or call your program?

I got an email from the residency coordinator that had my classmates' pics and where they are in school.

4. Scrubbs

Scrubbs Chisellers beware!
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you haven't gotten that info from your new program coordinator, call and ask! Also, they may have housing info - or GME may be able to help you. Definitely contact current residents if you're moving to a new location to get the scoop on cool areas. Also, ask residents ANY and ALL questions you have! For most things, the current interns are probably your best bet, since we just went through this crazy year!

Congrats to all again!

5. EMIMG

EMIMG Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Your residency coordinator should be your friend. They will provide you with all of the info that you need.

The program should have a variety of residents that can assist you with living arrangements. For instance, single vs. married, kids vs. school-aged kids, etc.

Also, you may be able to purchase or get items from residents leaving. Things such as couches, bedroom sets, etc. They may get rid of them rather inexpensively.

If you are looking to buy a place, see what the current senior residents have that are moving. They may offer you a good deal. For instance, they may choose to go without a realator and just hire a lawyer for the transatcion. This can knock some money off of the price of the house. In addition, you may be able to work a deal with the person leaving where you get pre-approved for more than what they want the house to sell for which means you have a slightly higher mortgage; however, they then cut you a check at move-in so you have some money right away for spending, etc.

But, ask any and all questions.

Best of luck for all those that just matched.....as for me, it is moving time again to start a fellowship.