Post Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OUHWT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a similar thread on another board, but not necessarily specific to EM. What is the usual process after matching this week regarding contact? Do most PD's call/contact you or is it wise to reach them on Thursday?! I also assume they waste no time sending you initial information packets late Thursday or Friday. Any thoughts, feedback, or input?

Congratulations and best of luck to all throughout the week!

Members don't see this ad.

There is a similar thread on another board, but not necessarily specific to EM. What is the usual process after matching this week regarding contact? Do most PD's call/contact you or is it wise to reach them on Thursday?! I also assume they waste no time sending you initial information packets late Thursday or Friday. Any thoughts, feedback, or input?

I think most PDs contact promptly, but not necessarily on Thursday.

bn

And if you're too drunk to speak intelligibly then you probably shouldn't answer calls from unrecognized numbers on match day.

Not that I know this from personal experience or anything...

Members don't see this ad :)

I got an email about 2-3 hours after i matched; with both congrats and pictures of my class; within the next few two days, we got requests for sizes for our white coats, vacation requests, and emails from a lot of the residents... it was so much fun!!! i can't wait for them to announce our new interns :D

And if you're too drunk to speak intelligibly then you probably shouldn't answer calls from unrecognized numbers on match day.

Not that I know this from personal experience or anything...

I would go so far as to say PDs should know better that to call on Match Day.

Last edited: