Post MCAT Pep-Talk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praying4MD

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read all the MCAT posts and actually, I'm pretty depressed about Sat. too, so I'll be the cheerleader. I thought this was needed, so here it goes:
Don't worry too much. If all of us thought it was hard, it will be reflected in the curve.

Don't EVER doubt yourself! I learned this the hard way... never mind how.

Scooby doo: You ARE well-read. just because some test is written incoherently, don't doubt your abilities. Same goes for everyone else.

Jalopycat: All that studying has got to count for something in the end, plus, you have an advantage because of your experience.

Just think positively and have faith in yourself because worrying at this point will get us nowhere. Also, unless you're some anal retentive ego-maniac premed (which there is no shortage of BTW), then you are better and know more than you give yourself credit for. Whatever you put into it, you should, theoretically at least, get that out of it.

Come June, I know this forum will be flooded with "I got a 39" posts. You all sound like very high caliber and hard working students, so trust yourself and know that whatever you got, you're worth/intelligence can NOT be represented in a number. You owe it to yourself to give yourself credit for your hard work. Don't look to a number for that validation.

As for me, I will be happy with a 28-30, although I was scoring better on my practice exams, but again, that self-doubt always does me in.

Just imagine your potential coupled with focus and determination has got to have helped you on that hellish exam.

"IMAGINE"-- the greatest word in the English language. Mastered by the Master, who else but John Lennon.

Hey, wait a minute, I just had a thought: Who's gonna give me my pep talk??

Members don't see this ad.

I will sweetheart. Your words of encouragement reflect the spirt in your heart. A spirt that is very needed in medicine. That spirt will shine through in you med school app and i am sure, irregardless of your MCAT score, that you will succeed.

You guys will be fine. If it's any consolation, I felt awful after my MCAT -- I ran out of time on the last verbal passage, had to guess on those questions, etc. Very stressful, and I was fairly certain things went poorly. I was pleasantly surprised when I got my score in June. You usually don't do as poorly as you think you have. Good luck.

Give it up already you know you will all have to repeat it in August. Lick your wounds and move on.