Post-operative cataract surgery care

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Andrew_Doan said:
This is for optometrists who work with surgeons to co-manage.

A free educational resource for you:
http://www.medrounds.org/cataract-surgery-greenhorns/2005/10/chapter-4-post-operative-care.html


Dear Andrew Doan,

I'm in optometry school and when I get out, I would like to work in a VA hospital or with an ophthalmologist. I know they don’t make as much money as private practice, but who cares? However, I'm finding out that a lot of people want to do this. I was just wondering if you know how open the job field was for these kinds of positions. Do you have any suggestions??

Thanks for your input!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kristene9 said:
Dear Andrew Doan,

I'm in optometry school and when I get out, I would like to work in a VA hospital or with an ophthalmologist. I know they don’t make as much money as private practice, but who cares? However, I'm finding out that a lot of people want to do this. I was just wondering if you know how open the job field was for these kinds of positions. Do you have any suggestions??

Thanks for your input!

There is a large need for optometrists at the VA where I worked in Iowa City and Des Moines. It's a nice life style for people who don't mind working for ~$60K/year. It also provides a way for optometrists wanting to stay in touch with academia.

There's other ways to make money that you can pursue on the side. If you're good with your money, the potential for wealth is far greater than any paycheck could ever bring you.

Good luck!