Post T20 class rank on applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seldon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the running for an award at my school, so I looked up my class rank and it turns out I'm in the top 20 in a class of >10,000. I know that high GPAs are a dime a dozen at hyper competitive schools, but is it worth posting your class rank on applications? I was thinking it might help contextualize my GPA. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

They won't need context if its that good and at a great school. You already have a good GPA number on your app, use that space to tell them something about yourself as a person.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Should you get the award you can put your ranking in the details section. While your GPA will likely speak for itself, it won't hurt to have it objectively listed somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Should you get the award you can put your ranking in the details section. While your GPA will likely speak for itself, it won't hurt to have it objectively listed somewhere.
Sounds good. The award is actually for being in the top .5% of your class, so it would make sense. The reason I asked now is because I'm applying for the big U.K. scholarships soon and I won't have the award by then. I probably should have clarified that before posting!