• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Post-traumatic arthritis

ILUvRVUs

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I am doing some research for patients on post traumatic arthritis in the knee and would love some input. I am an Military Doctor(no residency) and am curious about the topic.

My question is primarily for young active patients. History of knee surgery(usually ACL reconstruction and/or partial menisectomy) over 5 years ago. Medial knee pain and swelling with and without exercise. Some radiological changes suggestive of degeneration.

I see 30 yo males and females with the above condition. Ideas are welcome and much appreciated as to how to keep these patients active. Thanks.

skee lo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 31, 2008
  1. Medical Student
Very little you can do. Aggressive athletic activity is out. Tell them to lose weight and take fish oil and glucosamine. Relying on NSAIDs will accelerate the degenerative process. PT not terribly helpful.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.