Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you, man. I definitely appreciate your input! Yeah, I have pretty solid ECs, but I'm sure they could always be more dental-oriented. I just started a research position in a dental lab, but unfortunately, that was after I submitted. Is it weird to send update letters to the more research-focused schools if I don't hear from them within the next month or two? Thanks again!No it isn't gonna prevent admissions if anything it'll be something adcoms ask you and maybe your personal statement is a lot more interesting about why the career switch. Do you have a lot of dental related experience in terms of EC's? I know schools wanna see you're gonna stick to dentistry and that shows through committing to more and more dental related EC's. Your DAT is insane and your gpa is great. Just think your EC's should reflect that dentistry is definitely your only interest now. An adcom at the dental school in Houston told me this info by the way of ECs for those switching from medicine to dentistry
Ps: I know the Ivy leagues are super heavy on research and ECs ... And UCLA and UPenn
Also I'd say just wait a little longer. You applied relatively more recently and you should get a lot more interviews