Post your favorite quote

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bananaface said:
Moose!

Welcome to the Pathology Forum!

It's funny. I use the "New Posts" feature and then respond to the interesting ones. I didn't even notice what forum this was in. Is it ok if I visit? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

bananaface said:
Of course it's okay if you visit! :D

Thanks. This is a good thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some of best lines i've heard about love&women:

Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy.- Henry Kissinger

Love is the delusion that one woman is different from another.- H.L. Mencken

A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears.- Woodrow Wyatt

Men play the game; women know the score.- Roger Woddis

deschutes said:
Plastic surgeon: This is deschutes, and she's going into pathology.
Anesthetist: Finally, a med student with half a brain!

Don't ya just love all the reactions ya get from attendings when you say you are going into pathology?! At least that one was somewhat compimentary, I think!

Basically, I was telling attendings that I was undecided all the way until we had to submit ERAS apps... that way I could avoid the comments about it.

Freestyle said:
Don't ya just love all the reactions ya get from attendings when you say you are going into pathology?! At least that one was somewhat compimentary, I think!

Basically, I was telling attendings that I was undecided all the way until we had to submit ERAS apps... that way I could avoid the comments about it.
I always told them up front that I was going into path - I had several people look at me and say something like "smart move" or "good choice". Also, when I was personable and worked hard, they were really impressed. They expect most derm, rad, and path students to be total slackers on sub-i's after September. Also, they usually didn't waste time keeping me around to learn things I didn't need to know - on one rotation, I avoided call completely and still got honors!

geddy said:
I always told them up front that I was going into path - I had several people look at me and say something like "smart move" or "good choice". Also, when I was personable and worked hard, they were really impressed. They expect most derm, rad, and path students to be total slackers on sub-i's after September. Also, they usually didn't waste time keeping me around to learn things I didn't need to know - on one rotation, I avoided call completely and still got honors!
I experience the same thing. I had to do a few call nights on my sub-I's but it still wasn't that bad overall. :thumbup:

geddy said:

It's true - people interested in path are different from the standard med student rotating through. Like on my Gyn Onc rotation I had a good time and focused on lot on the path and the diseases, while most people going through are psyched about OR time and doing pap smears. So they kind of took an interest in me because of this.

OB/gyn attending: So this patient has fibroids.
Me: Wow. I wonder what it looks on H&E.
OB/Gyn attending: What's H&E?
Me: hematoxylin & eosin.
OB/Gyn attending: What? You planning on being a pathologist?
Me: Yes
OB/Gyn attending: Why?
Me: I like dead people.

geddy, I keep meaning to ask - why "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him"? :confused:

(Is this a quote?)

Or is it like saying "if you see a fish on the grass, throw him up a tree"?

As he was valiant, I honor him; but, as he was ambitious, I slew him.– Shakespeare, Julius Caesar: Act III, Scene II.

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.–Shakespeare, As You Like It: Act V, Scene I.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Here I sit,
gruntin' and flexin',
trying to give birth
to another damn Texan.

--stall in coffee shop restroom, Norman, Oklahoma ca. 1998

Here I sit broken hearted.
Tried to **** but only farted.

--Written on wall next to toilet.

Some pretty intelligent quotes here... :rolleyes:

My current quotes are below...

burton117 said:
Brevity is the soul of wit, my friend.

But if you insist...

"Larks launched into an account of how, that very morning, they had completed their daily eight kilometre run, milked the cows, baked the bread, and put the finishing touches to their latest string quartet, all before breakfast."

"Owls complained bitterly about the early morning habits of their spouses, their children, the milkman, and the people in the flat above. One owl described how he was wakened and brought a cup of tea at about 9.00 a.m. by a person or persons unknown, though in twenty years he had never gained sufficient consciousness at that early time to work out who it was (his wife confirmed this, and said it was she). Thirty minutes later the same person (still unknown) handed him a large piece of paper on which his name was clearly printed, to remind him who he was. On a good day he was ready to start work about six hours later, and after an early dinner at about 9.00 or 10.00 p.m. he sat down at his word processor, normally finishing at about 4.00 or 5.00 a.m. Although this respondent had won two Nobel prizes, the larks at the table obviously disapproved of such decadence."

-- Professor Dr Dr Dagobert D. Manteltasche,
Owls and larks, knotters and simplifiers: The origins of modern political science
European Political Science, Autumn 2002 (2.1)

I often think of something my grandfather used to say. He'd tell me, "I'm goin' upstairs and **** your grandma." He was a really honest man. He wasn't going to bull**** a five-year-old.
---George Carlin

I don't understand motivation books. What happened here? Suddenly everybody needs to be motivated? It's a fairly simple thing: either you want to do something of you don't; there's no mystery. besides, if you're motivated enough to go to the store to buy a motivation book, aren't you motivated enough to do that? So, you don't need the book. Put it back. Tell the clerk, "**** YOU, I'm goin' home. I'm already motivated."
--GC

"Being a comic though ain't like being no singer. The singers get all the *****. Singers get *****! You don't even have to be good lookin' and sing to get *****. This sex symbol is gettin' *****. All you have to do is sing. Cus' Mick Jagger is a ugly motherf*cker."

"These are the f*ck years for me, I'm in my sexual prime, I f*ck. These are the years to f*ck. These are the years where you do the best f*cking when you just start to learn your body and gettin' all of your shoulders in on the f*cking. Like 18 year olds, let me hear you all in the audience. [Audience screams] See yall don't know how to f*ck yet see. You don't! You get 22, you start moving all your ****, you start makin' faces. Ever make them f*ck faces? A cool mother f*cker say [ :cool: ]. You don't do that when you're 18, there is just one expression [ :eek: ] because you are supprised you're f*cking..."

-Eddie Murphy, Delirious

burton117 said:

My current quotes are below"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." (Leo Buscaglia)

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." (The Apostle Paul - 2 Corinthians 4:17-18) ...

That's what I'd call a "ten-foot-pole" post.
Didn't your mother teach you any manners?

deschutes said:
geddy, I keep meaning to ask - why "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him"? :confused:
True happiness comes from within, not externally. If you see something that appears to be the answer you are looking for, you should kill it before it has an effect on you, before it becomes a false fixation.

Plus, I just think it sounds kind of funny. :)