-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
post your preliminary scores
Started by ramizlol
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's not a bad score and I'm sure it would score you multiple interviews. Normally, schools do not care much for VA. Congrats on doing such a good job 🙂
Was the vocab hard or was it only tricky to find out the relationship?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
English is not my first language. I do speak it fluently tho.Was the vocab hard or was it only tricky to find out the relationship?
I am just sad that i did so well on bio, chem , math but horrible on VAThat's not a bad score and I'm sure it would score you multiple interviews. Normally, schools do not care much for VA. Congrats on doing such a good job 🙂
Dr collins and pearson. Thank yoi!That's still a great score! What did you use to study?
what should I focus for bio? I haven't taken any serious course, mostly self studying for the test so any advice would be greatly appreciated. And Eng is not my first lang either!
what should I focus for bio? I haven't taken any serious course, mostly self studying for the test so any advice would be greatly appreciated. And Eng is not my first lang either!
First, get dr collins and pearsons. Then, start going through collins practice test then move on to pearson. I would say alot of questions on PCAT were conceptual. It wasnt right off book questions. Pearson test 4 was VERY similar to the pcat
VA 382 18
bio 435 92
Rc 395 41
QA 430 91
CHEM 438 93
Composite 416 79
Screw verbal!!!!
That's interesting. I got a 420 composite and got 79 as well. (sept 2013 pcat)
Why is it interesting? and I can't even apply to the school i wanted to because they require 25% mini on verbalThat's interesting. I got a 420 composite and got 79 as well. (sept 2013 pcat)
yes there was. memorize their shapes!was there anything about amino acid structures?
so would you say that the pcat had similar questions to Dr. Collins?
va 33
bio79
reading26
chem and math 99
composite 93!!!!!
just as i expected low va and rc but pulled 90+ composite!
score was 428 composite but idk how i got 93. i thot it should be more than 430 to get 90+
writing this at the parking lot test center
goodlu k everyonr!
bio79
reading26
chem and math 99
composite 93!!!!!
just as i expected low va and rc but pulled 90+ composite!
score was 428 composite but idk how i got 93. i thot it should be more than 430 to get 90+
writing this at the parking lot test center
goodlu k everyonr!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is awesome!! What did you use to study? Do you have any suggestions/tips for people taking the pcat tomorrow?va 33
bio79
reading26
chem and math 99
composite 93!!!!!
just as i expected low va and rc but pulled 90+ composite!
writing this at the parking lot test center
goodlu k everyonr!
What year was your Dr Collins you used? was it the 2014 updated one?dr collins is absolute must. i saw exactly same questions on bio va and chem. very happy to see those lol
Is the VA somewhat similar to practice test 4? If so, what did you get on the practice test? Everyone's VA score seems lower which scares me 🙁(
That is awesome!! What did you use to study? Do you have any suggestions/tips for people taking the pcat tomorrow?
skip any question u couldnt figure out in 10 seconds esp math
i had no time problem about time except rc but i guessed some on math cu i ran.out of time.
i saw exact same questions from dr collins so just focus on dr collins i think. gluck!
okay cause I am thinking my Dr Collins is 2011/2012, that is what it seems like. Also was there a lot of microbiology on there?no i dont know mine but not 2014.
i think maye 2011 or 2012 since the sller gave me 2012 and some 2013 updates
To those that have taken the exam today and left last minute tips, Thank you!
I also take my exam tomorrow so today is my break day followed with a good nights rest.
If I don't know it by now I plan to skip it and come back if/when time permits.
Good luck, everyone.
I also take my exam tomorrow so today is my break day followed with a good nights rest.
If I don't know it by now I plan to skip it and come back if/when time permits.
Good luck, everyone.
wow that's great what did you use to study?
thats great what did you use to study?
VA: 91
Bio: 89
RC: 81
QA: 97
Chem: 98
Comp: 97
I honestly thought I maybe got in the low 80's so when I got my preliminary report, I was shaking and wanted to cry! haha
Good luck everyone! 🙂
wow that's great what did you use to study?
VA 395 38
Bio 503 99
RD 416 79
QA 479 99
Chem 472 99
Comp 453 99
I feel so relieved. But my VA was super low though, I'm confused of what I should do about it.
You got a 99 comp! GO CELEBRATE FORGET THE LOW VERBAL SCORE 🙂
VA 395 38
Bio 503 99
RD 416 79
QA 479 99
Chem 472 99
Comp 453 99
I feel so relieved. But my VA was super low though, I'm confused of what I should do about it.
Don't worry, the school will not gives you hard times about VA.
Can you please give me some bio advices? Like what should I focus on. I haven't taken any course and my test is tomorrow

wish I were you right now 🙁 Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was the orgo section? Was it reaction heavy?
I still don't get how I got 79. Your score is very sexy tho ;pva 33
bio79
reading26
chem and math 99
composite 93!!!!!
just as i expected low va and rc but pulled 90+ composite!
score was 428 composite but idk how i got 93. i thot it should be more than 430 to get 90+
writing this at the parking lot test center
goodlu k everyonr!
wow that's great what did you use to study?
I used Dr. Collins heavily, PCAT destroyer for chemistry and math, Kaplan for bio, the 2 online Kaplan exams, and the 3 Pearson practice exams.
Also, congratulations to everyone! Great scores all around 🙂
just like dr collins ochem and pearson tests, nothing more.
also, another tip. after each section, i felt like my composite is getting lower and lower.
Even though you think you did bad in one section, just forget about it and focus on next section!
You never know until you get your scores at the end.
also, another tip. after each section, i felt like my composite is getting lower and lower.
Even though you think you did bad in one section, just forget about it and focus on next section!
You never know until you get your scores at the end.
most of the times they are actually exactly the same. On rare occasions, it can change by 1-2%.Will preliminary scores similar to the final score?
I know they take out 8 questions from every passage for "Experimentation" purposes, is there any way to spot these? (besides the Bio and Chem sections)
Generally, no. But I notice that most (not all) of the questions that I cannot do on QA turn out to be experimental. Just try doing them all and pray that the ones you didn't get happen to be expI know they take out 8 questions from every passage for "Experimentation" purposes, is there any way to spot these? (besides the Bio and Chem sections)
So the passages are obviously noticeable on Chemistry as well as Biology, correct? You will see a passage with 4 questions each?
Yes.So the passages are obviously noticeable on Chemistry as well as Biology, correct? You will see a passage with 4 questions each?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have mixed feelings about this English is not my first language so obviously I'm okay with the RC. However, the QA. I just cannot believe it. I did not have time at all. With less than a minute to go I had 10 questions to go. My mind was just all over the place during that section. I skipped a lot. But one thing just send your exam to be graded cause I never expected this composite score after the last section (Maths)
VA 78
Bio 97
RC 43
QA 45
Chem 88
Composite 82
Now what? I don't have any pharmacy experience. Nor do I have a significant history of extracurricular activity. I'm a registered nurse. I just don't know what to do. What schools do I have a chance for this application cycle?
VA 78
Bio 97
RC 43
QA 45
Chem 88
Composite 82
Now what? I don't have any pharmacy experience. Nor do I have a significant history of extracurricular activity. I'm a registered nurse. I just don't know what to do. What schools do I have a chance for this application cycle?
I have mixed feelings about this English is not my first language so obviously I'm okay with the RC. However, the QA. I just cannot believe it. I did not have time at all. With less than a minute to go I had 10 questions to go. My mind was just all over the place during that section. I skipped a lot. But one thing just send your exam to be graded cause I never expected this composite score after the last section (Maths)
VA 78
Bio 97
RC 43
QA 45
Chem 88
Composite 82
Now what? I don't have any pharmacy experience. Nor do I have a significant history of extracurricular activity. I'm a registered nurse. I just don't know what to do. What schools do I have a chance for this application cycle?
You have a pretty good chance me thinks. Being an RN still means you have Medical field experience. Also i herd pharmacy schools like Graduates (more than undergrads), Just something i've herd not something that's true. You can also easily find somewhere to volunteer as a Tech. Near my school there's a place where you can volunteer as a pharmacy tech and a lot of my friends have volunteered there. The only thing you'd need is a recommendation from a pharmacists, Family friend would work perfectly.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
D
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
D