post your preliminary scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramizlol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
VA 382 18
bio 435 92
Rc 395 41
QA 430 91
CHEM 438 93

Composite 416 79

Screw verbal!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
That's not a bad score and I'm sure it would score you multiple interviews. Normally, schools do not care much for VA. Congrats on doing such a good job :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That's not a bad score and I'm sure it would score you multiple interviews. Normally, schools do not care much for VA. Congrats on doing such a good job :)
I am just sad that i did so well on bio, chem , math but horrible on VA

what should I focus for bio? I haven't taken any serious course, mostly self studying for the test so any advice would be greatly appreciated. And Eng is not my first lang either!

what should I focus for bio? I haven't taken any serious course, mostly self studying for the test so any advice would be greatly appreciated. And Eng is not my first lang either!

First, get dr collins and pearsons. Then, start going through collins practice test then move on to pearson. I would say alot of questions on PCAT were conceptual. It wasnt right off book questions. Pearson test 4 was VERY similar to the pcat

Members don't see this ad :)
va 33
bio79
reading26
chem and math 99

composite 93!!!!!
just as i expected low va and rc but pulled 90+ composite!
score was 428 composite but idk how i got 93. i thot it should be more than 430 to get 90+

writing this at the parking lot test center
goodlu k everyonr!

Reactions: 2 users
dr collins is absolute must. i saw exactly same questions on bio va and chem. very happy to see those lol

va 33
bio79
reading26
chem and math 99

composite 93!!!!!

goodlu k everyonr!
That is awesome!! What did you use to study? Do you have any suggestions/tips for people taking the pcat tomorrow?

no i dont know mine but not 2014.
i think maye 2011 or 2012 since the sller gave me 2012 and some 2013 updates

Is the VA somewhat similar to practice test 4? If so, what did you get on the practice test? Everyone's VA score seems lower which scares me :((

That is awesome!! What did you use to study? Do you have any suggestions/tips for people taking the pcat tomorrow?

skip any question u couldnt figure out in 10 seconds esp math
i had no time problem about time except rc but i guessed some on math cu i ran.out of time.

i saw exact same questions from dr collins so just focus on dr collins i think. gluck!

no i dont know mine but not 2014.
i think maye 2011 or 2012 since the sller gave me 2012 and some 2013 updates
okay cause I am thinking my Dr Collins is 2011/2012, that is what it seems like. Also was there a lot of microbiology on there?

To those that have taken the exam today and left last minute tips, Thank you!
I also take my exam tomorrow so today is my break day followed with a good nights rest.
If I don't know it by now I plan to skip it and come back if/when time permits.

Good luck, everyone.

VA: 91
Bio: 89
RC: 81
QA: 97
Chem: 98
Comp: 97

I honestly thought I maybe got in the low 80's so when I got my preliminary report, I was shaking and wanted to cry! haha

Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 4 users
VA 395 38
Bio 503 99
RD 416 79
QA 479 99
Chem 472 99
Comp 453 99
I feel so relieved. But my VA was super low though, I'm confused of what I should do about it.

VA 395 38
Bio 503 99
RD 416 79
QA 479 99
Chem 472 99
Comp 453 99
I feel so relieved. But my VA was super low though, I'm confused of what I should do about it.

You got a 99 comp! GO CELEBRATE FORGET THE LOW VERBAL SCORE :)

Reactions: 3 users
Verbal 461 99
Biology 466 99
Reading 409 68 (..... lol)
Quant 447 97
Chem 445 99

Composite 445 99

Besides Writing, how does official report differ from preliminary?

VA 395 38
Bio 503 99
RD 416 79
QA 479 99
Chem 472 99
Comp 453 99

Don't worry, the school will not gives you hard times about VA.
Can you please give me some bio advices? Like what should I focus on. I haven't taken any course and my test is tomorrow :scared::scared: wish I were you right now :(

va 33
bio79
reading26
chem and math 99

composite 93!!!!!
score was 428 composite but idk how i got 93. i thot it should be more than 430 to get 90+

goodlu k everyonr!
I still don't get how I got 79. Your score is very sexy tho ;p

wow that's great what did you use to study?

I used Dr. Collins heavily, PCAT destroyer for chemistry and math, Kaplan for bio, the 2 online Kaplan exams, and the 3 Pearson practice exams.

Also, congratulations to everyone! Great scores all around :)

didnt do anything do prep for writing part

ochem part is a joke. i felt like i studied too much for ochem.

There are some questions about bacteria and disease. Dr. Collins is really helpful for those. Also, review genetics. The passages were hard for me though, I don't really understand what they were talking about.

For the OChem, what did it consist of generally? Like identifying reactions, knowing structures of compounds, etc?

just like dr collins ochem and pearson tests, nothing more.

also, another tip. after each section, i felt like my composite is getting lower and lower.
Even though you think you did bad in one section, just forget about it and focus on next section!
You never know until you get your scores at the end.

I know they take out 8 questions from every passage for "Experimentation" purposes, is there any way to spot these? (besides the Bio and Chem sections)

I know they take out 8 questions from every passage for "Experimentation" purposes, is there any way to spot these? (besides the Bio and Chem sections)
Generally, no. But I notice that most (not all) of the questions that I cannot do on QA turn out to be experimental. Just try doing them all and pray that the ones you didn't get happen to be exp

So the passages are obviously noticeable on Chemistry as well as Biology, correct? You will see a passage with 4 questions each?

I have mixed feelings about this English is not my first language so obviously I'm okay with the RC. However, the QA. I just cannot believe it. I did not have time at all. With less than a minute to go I had 10 questions to go. My mind was just all over the place during that section. I skipped a lot. But one thing just send your exam to be graded cause I never expected this composite score after the last section (Maths)

VA 78
Bio 97
RC 43
QA 45
Chem 88

Composite 82

Now what? I don't have any pharmacy experience. Nor do I have a significant history of extracurricular activity. I'm a registered nurse. I just don't know what to do. What schools do I have a chance for this application cycle?

for bio and chem 8 passge reading qs each(each section 2passages with 4quedtions per passage). i guessed all of them. ungraded yay. but rc and math u dont know.

I have mixed feelings about this English is not my first language so obviously I'm okay with the RC. However, the QA. I just cannot believe it. I did not have time at all. With less than a minute to go I had 10 questions to go. My mind was just all over the place during that section. I skipped a lot. But one thing just send your exam to be graded cause I never expected this composite score after the last section (Maths)

VA 78
Bio 97
RC 43
QA 45
Chem 88

Composite 82

Now what? I don't have any pharmacy experience. Nor do I have a significant history of extracurricular activity. I'm a registered nurse. I just don't know what to do. What schools do I have a chance for this application cycle?

You have a pretty good chance me thinks. Being an RN still means you have Medical field experience. Also i herd pharmacy schools like Graduates (more than undergrads), Just something i've herd not something that's true. You can also easily find somewhere to volunteer as a Tech. Near my school there's a place where you can volunteer as a pharmacy tech and a lot of my friends have volunteered there. The only thing you'd need is a recommendation from a pharmacists, Family friend would work perfectly.