Postbacc vs. Graduate Coursework AAMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuronsandglia

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a burning question. This is pretty much the email I sent to AAMC:

“ I have a question regarding post baccalaureate coursework. Attached is a photo of my transcript indicating that I am taking coursework (after receiving my B.S. degree). I am classified as a non-degree seeking student and I am not earning a degree from this institution.

However, the courses that I am taking are designated as graduate in the institution’s registration system. Since I already earned a B.S. degree, the institution informed me to apply as a graduate student even though I am not pursuing a graduate degree from this institution.

Will this count toward my graduate or post baccalaureate GPA calculation on the AMCAS application when I input my coursework? “

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 94EC6CCF-202D-469B-82BB-3D044E18D304.jpeg
    94EC6CCF-202D-469B-82BB-3D044E18D304.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 44
I believe this would be listed as graduate level coursework on amcas, regardless of if you are in a degree program or not, and count towards your graduate GPA.

This will likely be seen as graduate coursework because the level shows up as graduate on your transcript. I did something similar (took courses as a non-degree grad student) and they were all classified at the graduate level.