Postbaccalaureate in NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMMM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a good program in or around NYC. Does Columbia, NYU or MT Sinai offer anything. I will have all my sciences finished and want to give my GPA a boost.

Members don't see this ad.

MMMM said:
Is there a good program in or around NYC. Does Columbia, NYU or MT Sinai offer anything. I will have all my sciences finished and want to give my GPA a boost.

I heard Columbia has a 1 year MS in nutrition for people that have the science reqs already. A friend of a friend is doing it after getting rejected to med school, and I heard now has multiple acceptances. The program is designed for people that want to go onto grad or med school.

I'm not sure exactly what type of program you have in mind. Although there are many educational opportunities in NYC that could strenghten an application, I believe the closest true SMP-type "Purpose get people into med school" program is UMDNJ Newark. That's right you can fulfill your dreams in the garden spot of the garden state. :scared:
I'm in an MA bio program at Hunter. The core classes molecular, cell, genetics, & developmental bio are offered in the evenings. There were several non-matrics, med school applicants in the classes. They usually work in research or a health related field by day. Pretty much anyone anyone can register as a non-matric, if you have a BA & have taken the GREs. It good, affordable, grad school level learning offered in the heart of NY. :thumbup:
NYU also offers an MS in bio. & I'm sure there are other programs around. But again UMDNJ is the most med school focused.

you could do a 1 year MPH at Columbia, however if you want to bring up your undergrad gpa, there's not much you can do--perhaps retake classes that you did poorly in? If you want to impress adcoms, an MPH or a SMP is probably the way to go (no SMP's in the city that I know of, but you might try NYMC).