Postdoc Invitation Thread (2021-2022)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from UMich/VA Ann Arbor Consortium for postdoc positions? I applied to specifically to the VA for women's health and SUD. That was my earliest due application, but I haven't heard from them yet. Wondering if anyone who applied to them has heard (or knows of anyone who has heard)? Thanks!
Yes, received an email last week saying they'd be contacting shortly after the new year to schedule the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Twins! I also really wanted this opportunity and it was the only site I found with a gender clinic for kids.

If you are open to the West Coast, there is an LGBTQ clinic at Nathan Family Resilience Center within UCLA- they began accepting applications on Dec 14th and accept on a rolling basis so there is still time to apply!

Reactions: 1 user
Official Site Name: UCLA TIES for Families

Date Invitation Received: 01/04/2021

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): I sent them an email asking for an update, and was told I was not selected for an interview

If & How you're staying sane: I feel very sad. Trying to watch my shows on Netflix to stay sane

I know you were really eager to hear back from this one. This says nothing about you as a clinician- there are so many factors out of our hands that we will never know about that play into these decisions (for example, maybe this year they needed someone who was more into assessment than intervention or vice versa, maybe they've noticed a particular clt need rising and someone else specializes in it, etc). You've got this!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: Michigan Medicine
Date Invitation Received: 12/18/2020
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email sent by training director
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Clinical Child Psychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/15 & 1/29
If & How you're staying sane: Snuggles with the doggo, games/movies with my partner, wine

Anyone else waiting on this one? I am scared to check in as I'm fairly certain it's a rejection at this point! Why they gotta make US reach out to get rejected? 😢

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed a few weeks ago and I got an automatic reply that the post doc coordinator is out of town until Wednesday. I also heard from a neuro person that extended their deadline so they are just all over the place.
Well that does ease my mind quite a bit then! Thanks :)

Official Site Name: Tampa VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/5/20
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Health Psychology
Interview Dates Offered: For critical care: 1/22 open house + interviews (optional interviews slots available upon request starting the week 1/11)
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: lots of small celebrations via FaceTime w/ my partner :)

Reactions: 2 users
Official Site Name: University of Michigan Mary A. Rackham Institute
Date Invitation Received: 1/5/2021
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email with name
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child track
Interview Dates Offered: 1/22
If & How you're staying sane: furniture flipping

• Wow
Official Site Name: UCLA TIES for Families

Date Invitation Received: 01/04/2021

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): I sent them an email asking for an update, and was told I was not selected for an interview

If & How you're staying sane: I feel very sad. Trying to watch my shows on Netflix to stay sane
I'm sorry...I know you really wanted that

If you are open to the West Coast, there is an LGBTQ clinic at Nathan Family Resilience Center within UCLA- they began accepting applications on Dec 14th and accept on a rolling basis so there is still time to apply!
Sadly, while I am not opposed to the west coast, Cali specifically does not work for my husband's job. Thank you for the suggestion though!!!

Did you email them to receive this info?
Nope! I just received an email from the VA postdoc program director (I think it may have been a mass email, but not entirely sure). I wonder if people who listed U-M as their preference have not yet been contacted? (not sure that applies to you, but thought I'd throw it out there)

Nope! I just received an email from the VA postdoc program director (I think it may have been a mass email, but not entirely sure). I wonder if people who listed U-M as their preference have not yet been contacted? (not sure that applies to you, but thought I'd throw it out there)
Did the email say that you were invited for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: North Texas VAHCS

Date Invitation Received: 01/05/2021

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): mass email

Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): PTSD

Interview Dates Offered: 2/2, 2/4, 2/9

If & How you're staying sane: chocolate and the sims 4

Reactions: 3 users
Official Site Name: North Texas VAHCS

Date Invitation Received: 01/05/2021

Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): PTSD / SUD comorbid track

Interview Dates Offered: 2/2, 2/4, 2/9

Who did you contact because I can't seem to find anyone outside of the people that I have already been in contact with- a Dr. Arnedt & a Dr. Nelson.
I have not heard from them either...or heard from anyone else who heard from them.

Official Site Name: Children's National
Date Invitation Received: 1/6/2021
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personalized email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Hem/Onc/BMT
Interview Dates Offered: 2/1, 2/2, 2/5, 2/6
If & How you're staying sane: wine and planning!

Both I and my friend/cohortmate got this one :)

• Love
Who did you contact because I can't seem to find anyone outside of the people that I have already been in contact with- a Dr. Arnedt & a Dr. Nelson.
To clarify, I did not email or contact anyone - I received an email from Dr. Nelson that they reviewed my application and I would receive a follow up email to schedule an interview

Has anyone heard from Austen Riggs Center? Their deadline was 12/1 so I was expecting an email this week.

Official Site Name: John Hopkins Hospital Fellowship
Date Invitation Received: Jan. 4
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Health
Interview Dates Offered: 1/22/2021
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: I.AM.NOT.

Official Site Name: Delray Medical Center
Date Invitation Received: Jan. 4
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Health Psych
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: HEEEELPPP MEEE

and this was in one day!

Official Site Name: University of South Florida
Date Invitation Received: Jan 5th
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Behavioral Consultant track
Interview Dates Offered: 1/14
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: This is horrible but I am losing count of interviews and freaking out

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
To clarify, I did not email or contact anyone - I received an email from Dr. Nelson that they reviewed my application and I would receive a follow up email to schedule an interview
I just received an email telling me they would be contacting me to set up an interview soon!

I just received an email telling me they would be contacting me to set up an interview soon!
Yay!!!! Congrats!
Excited Season 5 GIF by The Office
(don't judge me, that's my happy dance)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Twinsies (but different tracks)!

Official Site Name: Primary Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 1/4/21
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child & Adolescent Psychology
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: running with doggie and fantasizing about where I will live next year!
I’m from SLC, so let me know if you have any questions about the city!

• Love
My sites have been slow to respond and the only two I've heard back from have been rejections... Not feeling great for a process that's supposed to be more of a confidence boost than internship. I can't wait to get to a point in our careers where we're not constantly being demoralized.

Anyone else feeling a little dejected?

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
My sites have been slow to respond and the only two I've heard back from have been rejections... Not feeling great for a process that's supposed to be more of a confidence boost than internship. I can't wait to get to a point in our careers where we're not constantly being demoralized.

Anyone else feeling a little dejected?
I have noticed that sites have been slow to respond, too. I am trying to tell myself it is a pandemic related delay. I am also very jaded with the process and can't wait to be done with this!

Reactions: 4 users
Guys my first interview!!!! Ahhhhh

Official Site Name: Psychological Assessment Services in Wisconsin
Date Invitation Received: 01/07/2021
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): ---
Interview Dates Offered: 01/13 and 01/20
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: ahhhh I'm not. But I have been enjoying reading some new manga series.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Official Site Name: Eating Recovery Center of Dallas
Date Invitation Received: 01/07/2021
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): ---
Interview Dates Offered: 01/15, 01/22, 01/29, 02/12

Anyone hear from VA Connecticut? They are supposed to notify by today so it could still be coming but I'm having some internship app flashbacks and thinking if I haven't heard until now its probably a rejection lol

Official Site Name: Johns Hopkins school of medicine
Date Invitation Received:1/8/21
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): pediatric psychology
Interview Dates Offered: 1/22 and 1/29 10am-2:30pm
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: wine and Netflix

posting for my friend!

Anyone hear from VA Connecticut? They are supposed to notify by today so it could still be coming but I'm having some internship app flashbacks and thinking if I haven't heard until now its probably a rejection lol
I haven't heard back from them either!

By the way, thank you @psycho1391 for tracking this! That is very generous of you.
Of course! Distracts me from my existential anxiety surrounding this time. I'm going to catch up on front page listings this weekend. Take care!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Official Site Name: VA Connecticut Clinical Health Psychology Postdoctoral Residency
Date Invitation Received: 1/8/20
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Health
Interview Dates Offered: 1/25/21
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: sims 4 and my puppy

I know you were really eager to hear back from this one. This says nothing about you as a clinician- there are so many factors out of our hands that we will never know about that play into these decisions (for example, maybe this year they needed someone who was more into assessment than intervention or vice versa, maybe they've noticed a particular clt need rising and someone else specializes in it, etc). You've got this!
Thank you so much! Your post made me smile :)

Official Site Name: Kennedy krieger
Date Invitation Received: 1/8/21
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums)
:pediatric psychology consultation program
Interview Dates Offered: :1/14, 1/22 and 2/1 (half day)
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: still wine and Netflix

Posting again for my friend!

Official Site Name: Levine Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/22/20
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email, personalized name
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Interview Dates Offered: 1/18, 1/22, 1/25
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: eating… lots of eating!

Official Site Name: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/29/20
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Phone call followed by email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Psychology-Hem/Onc, C/L
Interview Dates Offered: 1/8, 1/11, 1/15
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: more eating

Official Site Name: Nemours Children's Specialty Care
Date Invitation Received: 1/8/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personalized email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Interview Dates Offered: TBD; asked availability
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: you already know