Postdoctoral fellowship at baylor (ben taub hospital)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohthewonderment

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything generally about the psychology service at Ben Taub Hospital/Baylor College or Medicine or their psychology postdoctoral fellowship (e.g., culture of the program, quality of training/supervision, work life balance)? It’s the Adult Inpatient/Outpatient Track.

What do people think about that versus a fellowship at VA Boston’s Trauma Track?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is more of a general comment on Ben Taub, but I've heard a good bit from friends who are current med students at BCM.
From what they said, the variety is next-to-none. Which is a given since it's a county hospital in one of the largest med centers in the country. I imagine that the opportunity to see these unique, acute patients through to outpatient follow-up would be really nice and specific to the setting.
However, I have no knowledge regarding the culture of psych in the setting. We had two from my cohort who interviewed there for predoc positions and they seemed to like it well enough. It's a top tier academic med center so the expectations are high. This was exciting for one of them (she applied almost exclusively AMC) and off-putting to the other who recently started a family and was looking for more protected work-life balance.
Hopefully someone else with firsthand knowledge can assist, but I hope this is somewhat helpful!

I applied and interviewed for that track for internship. It seems like a pretty solid inpatient experience, with lots of acute SMI. I applied the first year it was offered so it seemed like they hadn't quite figured out how to structure the training, but I was impressed with the clinicians on staff and they had some interesting research opportunities for OCD.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied and interviewed for that track for internship. It seems like a pretty solid inpatient experience, with lots of acute SMI. I applied the first year it was offered so it seemed like they hadn't quite figured out how to structure the training, but I was impressed with the clinicians on staff and they had some interesting research opportunities for OCD.
How long ago did you apply?

Has anyone heard anything generally about the psychology service at Ben Taub Hospital/Baylor College or Medicine or their psychology postdoctoral fellowship (e.g., culture of the program, quality of training/supervision, work life balance)? It’s the Adult Inpatient/Outpatient Track.

What do people think about that versus a fellowship at VA Boston’s Trauma Track?

Hi! I'm curious if you were able to get any input regarding VA Boston's trauma track?