Poster presentation - what if I don't know the city it was presented in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScreenName

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am listed as an author on several poster presentations (at national conferences) but I did not actually present the poster. Can I list these in my ERAS application? Also, for some of them, I know what conference they were presented at, but I do not know where the conference took place (they are from several years ago - pre-medical school). I can try contacting people at my old lab, but this info is from their CVs and I doubt they remember offhand exactly where these conferences took place. How can I get around the requirement for listing the location? Will listing it as "unknown" look suspicious?

Members don't see this ad.

You know we generally don't really care about posters from before medical school, right?

Why not Google the conference, or contact the organization sponsoring the conference and ask them where it was located the year in question? Or since you took the information from someone else's CV, are you implying that they didn't list the location either?

Correct. The conference title and date were listed but not the location. I attempted look up the locations of the conference online, but I did not find anything for the years that the conference took place.

Correct. The conference title and date were listed but not the location. I attempted look up the locations of the conference online, but I did not find anything for the years that the conference took place.

Unless everyone you worked with has died, there is somebody out there you can call/email who can give you the info.