Postpone ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aegis

Primary Care and Aerospace
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I kind of have a weird situation. I'm a military flight that has already done my PGY-1 in IM. I'm heading back to residency in 2015. I thought I wanted to do PM&R which would have a PGY-2 start, hence I was applying for the 2014 match. I started an ERAS account, have letters uploaded, ready to go, etc. well here I am at the 11th hour and I've changed my mind for a variety of reasons and decided FM is the right path for me. Problem is that would be a PGY-1 start. So I would need to be in the 2015 ERAS, not the 2014 I'm in now? So my question is basically does anyone know how this might work? Will I need a while new account for next years match? Do I need another token from my med school next year? Will my CV that was a pain to enter carry over? I was going to call eras, but thought I would throw it up here first?

Members don't see this ad.

Flight surgeon (sorry)

You'll need a new token. Your med school should have all documentation on file, including LOR's, which they can re-upload next year. But you are correct that you need to apply next year, not this year, for FM. I'm in exact same boat, we probably went to NAMI together, haha. PM me.

... agreed, and nothing carries over. So create a digital copy (pdf?) of your current ERAS application, so you can cut-and-paste it next year.