Postpone MCAT, or bad idea? Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm supposed to take the exam July 22nd. I'm mostly applying to DO schools (maybe a couple of MD) because realistically that's where I think I have the best chance. I took the AAMC scored exam today and received a 126/123/128/130. I'm really worried about my CARS score. I was doing really well on the Q packs, but the questions on this exam seemed SO much longer and harder! I've considered delaying my exam to August 5th, but I'm terrified if I delay my app any later, I'll get rejections left and right. I'm already taking a year off (I just graduated college). I also haven't gotten through all my content yet. Can someone please give me advice on whether to delay my exam? Thanks!

cGPA: 3.71
sGPA: 3.59

Members don't see this ad.

did you take any other practice exams? if so, what were your scores?
did you take the section bank? what were your % right?
If you are applying to DO schools, If I were in your position I would take it, just wake up and read dense articles until the mcat

did you take any other practice exams? if so, what were your scores?
did you take the section bank? what were your % right?
If you are applying to DO schools, If I were in your position I would take it, just wake up and read dense articles until the mcat

My other scores have been fairly consistent with the score I got today. I just did better on the AAMC sample exam CARS, which was a 126.
I've done most of the section bank questions, but I wasn't keeping track of the % I got right.

**Correction, I did a rough conversion of my % right on the sample exam to a section score