Potential Job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasguy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I am an anesthesiologist in a mountian town out West. I work at a multispeciality ASC and our community is losing our GI doc. He was part of a larger group, but is now moving. It seems that his old practice is not going to support the office here, so our town is now left without GI services. I'm sure this is a huge long shot, but just wanted to put this out into the universe. I would think that someone could come in pretty easily and take over what he is leaving behind...available office space, qualified experienced NP, scoping at an ASC with potential for shares in the facility, brand new Olympus scopes, no call, extremely desirable (but vey expensive) location. You would have to be entrepreneurail and comfortable working in a solo practice I guess, but it could be pretty awesome. PM for further details if interested. I'm also happy to accept any thoughs, recommendations, or criticisms. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not GI but immediate questions that come to mind

A) Why is he leaving
B) If it was a profitable venture why would his group abandon it?

Reactions: 1 user
Short answers without getting into too many specifics in a public forum:

A) Hosed by his practice that sold to an investment group.

B) My community is remotely located from the main practice location and the current "partners" are unwilling to drive to cover it / poorly run practice by new business venture.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Private Equity strikes again

Private Equity strikes again
PE will be the death bell for independent GI practice. So many major groups have been swallowed up. anyone wanting to join private practice group are at risk. Hospital employed are not great either in most places.

PE will be the death bell for independent GI practice. So many major groups have been swallowed up. anyone wanting to join private practice group are at risk. Hospital employed are not great either in most places.
What’s your take on joining a PE GI group? 2nd year fellow looking for jobs here

What’s your take on joining a PE GI group? 2nd year fellow looking for jobs here
you will hear words like "This PE group is unlike others and once you become partner, you can make lots of money". My understanding is that PE loan enormous money to the original owners who sell their group to the PE firm and in turn, they become employees to pay back the firm. Anyone who joins as an employee will pay back the money that the original owners cashed out and left. you can do the math.

Reactions: 1 users