potential problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolcats

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from LECOM saying that they dont accept CLEP credit for any prereq classes....I CLEPPed out of a lot of stuff....so I was wondering if there is a way around this other than retaking the class ( my transcript just shows credit regardless of getting an A on the test or not).

Also anyone know of other schools that dont allow CLEP credit?!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email from LECOM saying that they dont accept CLEP credit for any prereq classes....I CLEPPed out of a lot of stuff....so I was wondering if there is a way around this other than retaking the class ( my transcript just shows credit regardless of getting an A on the test or not).

Also anyone know of other schools that dont allow CLEP credit?!

That isn't good for me. I AP'd out of Biology 1 and 2 when I applied it to community college, then when I transfered to a 4 year school, they only took one semester. The end result was I had to CLEP out of both again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing for Chemistry (AP-ed ) so only had to take one semester and was told by LMU, Pikeville, Lecom and Nova that I needed to take a second one

physics 1 and 2 plus the labs...everything else i have overlapping credit so i should be ok

I did the same thing for Chemistry (AP-ed ) so only had to take one semester and was told by LMU, Pikeville, Lecom and Nova that I needed to take a second one

Are there other schools besides these 4 that don't take AP credits? I also had Chem AP and only allowed to take 2 out of 3 chem classes (quarter system) for a total of 7.4 semester units including labs. I wonder if it's going to be problematic.

You can do all that in one semester if you had to. If a school you really want to go to won't take your AP credit, it might be worth your time and money to just take the class. Hell, they're basic classes. Take them at community college for a couple hundred bucks.

You can do all that in one semester if you had to. If a school you really want to go to won't take your AP credit, it might be worth your time and money to just take the class. Hell, they're basic classes. Take them at community college for a couple hundred bucks.

I agree. Plus, unless you go to a college that actually puts a grade on your transcript for the class, they aren't going to be factored into your gpa. Go take them at a CC, get an A, boost your gpa, and then you have nothing to worry about.

I guess I better e-mail the schools I've applied to as well. Although it's not science I did CLEP out of english. I did take Comp 1 but nothing after that. AACOMAS considers most of my Bible classes as english lit so maybe that will count. Hmmmm.

I guess I better e-mail the schools I've applied to as well. Although it's not science I did CLEP out of english. I did take Comp 1 but nothing after that. AACOMAS considers most of my Bible classes as english lit so maybe that will count. Hmmmm.

thats what i'm counting on as well

I clep-ed out of english, and calculus as well and that is ok, it is only the hard science classes I think they are concerned with

I clep-ed out of english, and calculus as well and that is ok, it is only the hard science classes I think they are concerned with

That would be great! It's not that I necessarily have a problem with English. I do well in it but it would be a pain to have to take another class in the spring. I was planning on taking precalc in the spring but maybe I could just clep out of calculus altogether. I'll be taking 3 classes in the spring, including biochem, and really that's all I would like to have.

That would be great! It's not that I necessarily have a problem with English. I do well in it but it would be a pain to have to take another class in the spring. I was planning on taking precalc in the spring but maybe I could just clep out of calculus altogether. I'll be taking 3 classes in the spring, including biochem, and really that's all I would like to have.

yeah, you will probably be fine, I would double check though, who would of thought that all of that ap credit I brought to college would bite me it the butt now

yeah, you will probably be fine, I would double check though, who would of thought that all of that ap credit I brought to college would bite me it the butt now

I will definitely be checking with each school so there's no surprises towards the end. Thanks for the heads-up!