Power Outage During July 13th MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djt64r

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread in the off chance that you reading this are one of the test takers that experienced the power outage during our MCAT exam this past Saturday, July 13th. I figured it would be beneficial to have a place where we all could keep tabs on the situation and how it will be resolved, that is if anyone from that day finds this thread. On my end, when I talked to the Pearson call center this morning they informed me there is a team working on the situation and that they would call me back in 1-3 business days to resolve this. I will keep anyone who joins this thread updated. I hope some of you find this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

You'd think this wouldn't be the first time something along these lines has happened and that there would be a standard policy...

You'd think this wouldn't be the first time something along these lines has happened and that there would be a standard policy...
Yes I was hoping so, but when it happened it became clear very quickly that there was no immediate policy in place. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now--we will see in 1-3 business days how they resolve this.

For anyone else reading who is interested in what happened, basically, the computers shut off about 2.5 hours into taking the exam (a few others were affected at about the 4 hour point). We were told it was a power outage and after waiting for 2 hours for it to come back on we were told we would have to reschedule.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user