ppl w/MCAT>30, does using examkrackers. . .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi. . .i was wondering if doing the 1001 question books for examkrackers is helpful even though they are not in the MCAT passage format? (i'm retaking the mcat and don't want to waste my time doing questions that won't help)

do you guys think i should look for questions that are in the MCAT passage format in place of the 1001 books?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on whether you feel confident in the sciences or not. I am assuming you scored < 30. If you feel this is because you didn't know the basic science enough, then I would highly suggest you study EK's texts more. If you feel confident about the material, then IMO practicing problems is a better option. I'd go ahead with the 1001 books and get your hands on any practice tests you haven't done already.

You should first take an AAMC tests to know where you are. If you are getting 5-7, on the science sections, invest in 1001 books.

I am using them currently. They hammer the science into your head, after you do the problems, you not only gain confidence over the material. Furthermore, I have found out that the 1001 book especially the Physics and Gchem have helped me pinpoint my weakness in each chapter.

That being said you should do MCAT passages also as you go through each chapter. I have the PR science review book, so I go over the corresponding passages after I am done doing the 1001 questions. Also make sure you have the AAMC practice items, I am following the EK schedule and they have provide the passages you should be doing from the practice items for each class.

If you have to know the science before you can do passages otherwise its futile. If you need help in science get 1001 books, don't get the orgo 1001 that is not suppossed to be as good as the other two books. But its essential to have the AAMC exams and practice items. Good Luck.

thanks guys. . .actually, these are my scores for my first mcat:

10BS
11PS
9V

so, i guess my goal for the next test is 33