PPS PGY-2 Interview Questions

Started by R-CHOPper
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

R-CHOPper

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that have done PPS for PGY-2, what type of questions should I expect to be asked aside from "why this speciality" and "why this program"?

I have heard the majority of PPS interviews involve the residency explaining their program and giving candidates time to ask questions about the program, but I've also heard of programs that are more intense and treat it as an actual interview. Should I be expecting the typical interview questions that came up during PGY-1 interviews?
 
The PPS interview style varies based on the program. Be prepared with program specific questions as well. Some places use typical questions and others are more informal.