Technology Practical Digital pen or an easy way to waste money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OPPforlife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so a friend of mine advised me to consider buying this pen
http://www.skymall.com/shopping/det...cm_sp=Search-_-Suggested-_-102180968#moreinfo

at first I was like that is such a waste of money, but then i came back home and tried to find out a little bit more about it. So far, I am pretty confused. Has any one else over here used THIS particular brand of digital pen? or some alternate kind maybe? I would greatly appreciate if you would share your experiences. Thanks in advance!

p.s It's not all that important, so if you have better things to do, totally don't bother replying!

Members don't see this ad.

most of your lectures are probably powerpoint based. just bring your laptop with you and type notes into the presentation and review those before exams. this pen thing is worthless although i admit it is kind of interesting. also use evernote for digital capture of all things worth remembering.

J

Members don't see this ad :)
buy a netbook for $200, learn to type fast, use evernote

I'd stick with a small netbook for notes or old fashioned pen and paper.

I've thought about trying one of those pens but they all pretty much require some special paper pad or clipboard device and I knew I'd get annoyed having to keep that special paper handy when I wanted to take notes.

In the end I just think it would've made the process of note taking for me more complex than it needed to be. I would need to use this special pen and paper, then sync it with a computer and organize the electronic versions in some way. It was easier to just highlight the textbook, annotate he power slides as I went along, or jot down the random handwritten note on scratch paper.