practice dentistry abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

outdoorsie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first post! I'm a predentistry student. I'd like to practice dentistry in the US and Singapore (I have family there) someday.
*So just looking ahead and looking at possibilities, is this feasible?
*How would it be feasible? Academic dentistry? International dentistry program? Practice dentistry here, then use my credentials to consult there?
*Any schools/programs I should consider?
*Any negative factors associated with doing this?
Thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! This is my first post! I'm a predentistry student. I'd like to practice dentistry in the US and Singapore (I have family there) someday.
*So just looking ahead and looking at possibilities, is this feasible?
*How would it be feasible? Academic dentistry? International dentistry program? Practice dentistry here, then use my credentials to consult there?
*Any schools/programs I should consider?
*Any negative factors associated with doing this?
Thanks =)

I'm assuming you are currently located in the US. The NUS dental program (as for all professional programs in singapore) are very competative. (not much different to the US). However, if you want to work in both places I would suggest completing your dental degree in the US. Singapore is a small country and tends to import many of their doctors/dentists.. many times from US, Australia, Canada, and UK.

So, also considering you are already studying in the US. I would again.. stay there and complete dental school, then sit the exams to practice in Singapore afterwards. :thumbup: Good luck.