Practice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willis7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a few quick questions about practice tests. Ive read a lot about the Gold Standard CBT, but wanted to know if they were worth buying for my last month of study. Also, can the AAMC practice CBT's or the Gold Standard exams be retaken, lets say one in the beginning of the month and the other at the end. Thank you for your help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know about the Gold Standard CBT;

The AAMC tests were my single best form of test-prep. I consider them to be far and away the best allocation of test-prep funds. I would specificallly focus on AAMC 8, 9, 10; those being the most relevant to the current form of the exam.

Once you take a test, you can go back and look at everything again, review it as many times as you want, and probably clear it out to take it again... HOWEVER that would be pretty useless. Retaking an MCAT you have already taken will not really accomplish much. The assumption there being that after you take a practice MCAT, you are studying the answers and subjects pretty thoroughly.

Hit up www.e-mcat.com ; its your best friend for the next month

I had a few quick questions about practice tests. Ive read a lot about the Gold Standard CBT, but wanted to know if they were worth buying for my last month of study. Also, can the AAMC practice CBT's or the Gold Standard exams be retaken, lets say one in the beginning of the month and the other at the end. Thank you for your help in advance.

to each his own, but IMO the Gold Standard CBTs are a waste of $, and more importantly, TIME. i am retaking the mcat, so once I depleted the kaplan F/Ls, i bought the GS ones b/c i wanted new material to use. there are many many problems/bugs w/ the tests, and it takes the administration at least a week to fix whatever you've requested. since you've got only a month left, go with the AAMCs, hands down.
if you're still undecided, take the free GS CBT they offer to see for yourself.