Practice is neither interesting nor exciting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Remind me not to move to England. Oh, wait, I already lived there for two years. I already know not to move back.

Sadly, most of what he writes is true for many retail positions, except the salary part.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's all a matter of opinion. I and many other people enjoy working in a retail seting. Here, we don't have a legitimate reason to whine about whine about being underpaid, overworked (typical = 9-14 hours???), and unrrepresented. It also sounds as if this guy is performing alot of jobs that go to technicians here.

bananaface said:
It also sounds as if this guy is performing alot of jobs that go to technicians here.

That's true. Things are way different in England. They just speak the same language. My first husband was a Brit. His job in England required an engineering degree in the US, but only a technical school degree in the UK. Because of socialized medicine, no one gets decent salaries. A doctor will be middle class, but since 80% of the country is the working poor, people still do it.

I went to visit a friend in the hospital over there and it was way different, too.