Practice Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seminoma

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Talking about questions to prep for comprehensive school exams. Better to read the explanations for every question and every answer, or better to read only the explanations for questions I get wrong? First option means less questions and more learning from explanations. Second option means more questions and more learning opportunities from various question resources. Regarding stuff like robbins review, BRS, pretest, etc. Reading every answer explanation in Rx and Kaplan qbank.

Personal preference, obviously, but looking for opinions/experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

My personal preference (adapted to Uworld):
-Knew answer 100%: Read educational objective only
-Confident in answer, but thought other answer choice was good too: Read educational objective + answer choice explanation
-Educated guess: Read explanation + educational objective
-No idea: Read explanation + educational objective + skim the answer choices

tl;dr: Always read educational objective, and read explanations for things you didn't know cold.

How much time do you have? I believe it's good to read everything, because it serves as a revision, may explain a concept from a different perspective and most importantly, tells you/reinforces why the correct answer is correct and the wrong answers are wrong. That helps a lot when you see a similar question where a different answer would be correct.

If you're pressed for time/very confident in your existing knowledge and reasoning, follow kirbymiester's plan which is also sound.