practice test scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bandit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i asked this a few weeks ago but still not clear (about anything anymore)

I am studying my ass off and my practice test scores are going no where fast! What aprox is passing on these damn boards?? I am contantly hovering in the mid to upper 60s and starting to get aggrivated

anyone having this prob??--

thanx

Members don't see this ad.

i have an unconfirmed report of 75% on the usmle. anyone?

you gotta give us more info - telling us what you got on some random test means nothing. you can first start by freaking telling us what you took (Qbank, usmleworld, usmlerx, nbme, etc.)

hey guys i asked this a few weeks ago but still not clear (about anything anymore)

I am studying my ass off and my practice test scores are going no where fast! What aprox is passing on these damn boards?? I am contantly hovering in the mid to upper 60s and starting to get aggrivated

anyone having this prob??--

thanx

According to their website, the minimum passing score is getting approximately 65-75% right (it varies, since it's a standardized exam). However, depending on what qbank you're doing, you could be doing substantially better or worse than what you should be doing to pass the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
so my test is in less than one week now....may 17 and my UW scores are in the mid 60's....any ideas as to what this is gonna correlate to? Im feelin pretty crappy rite now!!!! cuz this sux. My Q bank score is also upper 60's. My goal is a 225-230 ... any thoughts?

I have done several tests.

Kaplan, nbme, score95, and several diagnostics given at our school.

It is very frustrating. The "occasional" 70something but by and large 60-66ish.

I am taking both the comlex and the usmle. I am very strong on the OMM and have been told the comlex doesnt test as hard on biochem (my worst!!!) so I am not as worried as I am about the usmle.

Just want to know if I am the only one freakin out here

According to the Kaplan guy who wrote the testing strategies section of the Kaplan books & taught one of our review sessions; A 70% correct on the real exam correlates to a score that is well above average. You have to remember that there are a significant percent of non-scored questions that are experimental & you cannot expect to get every question correct when you take the exam.

After Going through my Answers on nbme 3 with some people and finding most the answers I figured that my 224= about 79% correct give or take a question or 2. Hope that helps a little.