Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwfergus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so when i start to doing full lengths, i want to get maximum practice.

I have 3-10R AAMC tests, so im giong to buy JUST 8,9,10 CBT because those are most closely resembling to the MCAT i have seen.

I also want to get the Gold Standard ones, 10CBTs, i have 2 KAplan and 2 TPR.

I DONT think i want to dot he kaplan and TPR, just use them for practice questions (considering they are so different)

But will it be good if i do the GS ones?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about TPR or GS, but I thought Kaplan 1-6 were good practice FLs. I'd pick up the TBR FLs as well.

I don't know much about the TBR ones, but yeah, kaplan 1-6ish were not bad. If you can get your hands on those ones, they might be worth throwing in your practice exam schedule if you have a few open spots. Add the kaplan in increasing numerical order as they get harder, and therefore less representative, as the test number goes up.

Members don't see this ad :)
So would you say Kaplan are better than GS?

Errr...I don't actually know. I never bought all of the GS tests, and only used the Kaplan tests. The free GS test I thought was not bad, and the later kaplan exams (7-11) are useless IMHO.

Errr...I don't actually know. I never bought all of the GS tests, and only used the Kaplan tests. The free GS test I thought was not bad, and the later kaplan exams (7-11) are useless IMHO.

Actually i never knew there were free ones haha, I have 2 Kaplan CBTs (i bought the book and came with it), 1 TPR CBT, 2 GS CBT and 3 AAMC (8,9,10) CBT

Thats definitely enough,

thanks!

Just curious on why are 7-11 are useless? I planned on using them since besides the AAMC's, those are the only ones available to me.

Well it's just my opinion, but the later kaplan exams tend to get much much more difficult the higher you go in the test numbering system. So 11 is the hardest and 1 is the easiest. Unfortunately, kaplan designed their 'difficult' exams in a way which is not conducive to thinking on the MCAT. The concepts tested are convoluted and the passages are truly labyrinthine. It's my opinion that these exams won't really help you with the test-taking aspect of the MCAT because of how they are made. They are, however, great concept reivew...and if you can understand those passages and answers very fluently then you should have no problems with the concepts presented on the MCAT itself.