1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Practice Tests

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by cwfergus, Jun 16, 2008.

1. cwfergus

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Alright so when i start to doing full lengths, i want to get maximum practice.

I have 3-10R AAMC tests, so im giong to buy JUST 8,9,10 CBT because those are most closely resembling to the MCAT i have seen.

I also want to get the Gold Standard ones, 10CBTs, i have 2 KAplan and 2 TPR.

I DONT think i want to dot he kaplan and TPR, just use them for practice questions (considering they are so different)

But will it be good if i do the GS ones?

2. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know about TPR or GS, but I thought Kaplan 1-6 were good practice FLs. I'd pick up the TBR FLs as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vihsadas

Vihsadas No summer
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't know much about the TBR ones, but yeah, kaplan 1-6ish were not bad. If you can get your hands on those ones, they might be worth throwing in your practice exam schedule if you have a few open spots. Add the kaplan in increasing numerical order as they get harder, and therefore less representative, as the test number goes up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cwfergus

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So would you say Kaplan are better than GS?

5. Vihsadas

Vihsadas No summer

Medical Student
    Errr...I don't actually know. I never bought all of the GS tests, and only used the Kaplan tests. The free GS test I thought was not bad, and the later kaplan exams (7-11) are useless IMHO.

6. secants

secants about:blank
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just curious on why are 7-11 are useless? I planned on using them since besides the AAMC's, those are the only ones available to me.

7. cwfergus

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Actually i never knew there were free ones haha, I have 2 Kaplan CBTs (i bought the book and came with it), 1 TPR CBT, 2 GS CBT and 3 AAMC (8,9,10) CBT

Thats definitely enough,

thanks!

8. Vihsadas

Vihsadas No summer

Medical Student
    Well it's just my opinion, but the later kaplan exams tend to get much much more difficult the higher you go in the test numbering system. So 11 is the hardest and 1 is the easiest. Unfortunately, kaplan designed their 'difficult' exams in a way which is not conducive to thinking on the MCAT. The concepts tested are convoluted and the passages are truly labyrinthine. It's my opinion that these exams won't really help you with the test-taking aspect of the MCAT because of how they are made. They are, however, great concept reivew...and if you can understand those passages and answers very fluently then you should have no problems with the concepts presented on the MCAT itself.