practice waxing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mini tooth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Freddy King asked me to post a message regarding materials needed to practice waxing.
I think you can go to a dental school bookstore and purchase these items.
You'd need some ivorine (fake) teeth that has the top part missing (for example a molar with no cusps). I think you can just tell the bookstore person you need some teeth to practice waxing and they'll know what you're talking about...
you might want to learn the numbering of the teeth so you can tell them which tooth number you need. It'll be good to practice on a maxillary (upper) molar, a mandibular (lower) molar, and a premolar of either arch. The anterior teeth don't have much anatomy so you don't need to practice on it as much as the molars. The maxillary molar have special anatomical features different from a mandibular molar so you want to learn that in a dental anatomy book. I don't really have a book in mind to recommend. I think you want to find one that has good pictures so you can see what the book is trying to describe.
For the wax, I don't know the name of it....(sorry!) but it's in different colors (red, blue, yellow, green). Maybe you can tell the bookstore person that it's the wax to be used to practice waxing teeth. Hahahah. I'm sorry I'm not being as helpful as I would like to be.
You see, in dental school they just make you buy a bunch of things and you use it without knowing anything about it....
there are also specific instruments you need. Once again, I don't know that name of the instruments. I'm so sorry.
Ok, I'm on Srping break right now so I don't have any of the materials with me. Once I go back to school next week, I'm gonna go to the lab and write down the names of everything including the instrument names and I will post another message in a week or so. Sorry again... I'll be back

Members don't see this ad.