Practice Writing Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KinesStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, just took TPR diagnostic. Very first one, cold before studying and I skipped the writing portion of the test.

Do you guys do your writing portions when you take full lengths?

I was thinking that maybe every couple of tests I could do it...Idk

Input?

Members don't see this ad.

So, just took TPR diagnostic. Very first one, cold before studying and I skipped the writing portion of the test.

Do you guys do your writing portions when you take full lengths?

I was thinking that maybe every couple of tests I could do it...Idk

Input?

It might help you with your timing.

But you seem like you've got a decent ability to communicate in English. I'd say just about any native English speaker is capable of going in cold and coming out with an O or better on writing, and that's really all you need.

I think you should do the writing section for as many exams as you can. I did the writings for all the aamc's I took and I think it helped immensely --- and not for writing purposes but for stamina. There is a BIG difference in my opinion between sitting for ~ 3 hours and for ~4.5. If you do the writing section, you force yourself to concentrate for that much longer which come test day, cannot hurt.

What I would do on every aamc I took was get the prompt and spend five minutes doing the prep for the essay.

Be like ok heres what Im writing for paragraph one, paragraph 2 and 3. Didnt bother actually writing the thing. I think its more important to practice coming up with the main ideas youre going to BS about than actually doing the BSing :p