Practicing OBGYNS!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GYN DOC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any practicing obgyns provide some POSITIVE insight into the field? Is there anyone out there happy and satisfied with their career as an ob/gyn? Able to make ends meet and bring home a decent salary? Have a husband/wife and kids? Enjoy life outside of medicine? Please!! I'm so tired of all of the negativity. Theres gotta be someone out there happy with this field!

Members don't see this ad.

come on. Please respond

come on. Please respond

in a hurry right now, but there are old threads on the topic. you might try PMing some residents or attendants who frequent this forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Concur! Myriad of threads already on the topic which should answer your question.

In 20 years, when you wake up in the morning to go to work, will you be happy or will you sigh? Thats the question! The money will come, the schedule you'll adjust to fit your life and likes, but ultimately will you be happy doing what you're doing.

With respect to negativity, look at the source, their knowledge, ecperience, and agenda.

Good luck!

all of the threads i've seen are from residents. I'm looking for actual practicing physicians. There was an interview given by sdn but I'm looking for real personal experiences.
I've just gotten so many negative responses about doing gyn only i cant help but feel that i probably made the wrong choice in ranking.

:)if u are a saint u ll be happy with obs/gyn ,if u enjoy sleepless nights too.i in practice ,i love it because i love love hard duties ,..i wake up at nights very angry but coming back from hospital after along delivery or so i m so thrilled [i m high from the adrinaline] that i helped and maneged a difficult situation ,i sometimes regret joining this field .we are borne to do something in this life...My 3 old daughter knows now when the mobile rings thats a baby is about to be borne and mama is going to help...i like it when its smooth no complications i always pray for that