Pre-Allo FAQ Series: Interview Survival (Tips, tricks, cost-saving)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bump

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
A few days ago I found a long list of about 100 possible interview questions. I've searched SDN and can't find it. Any idea where it might be hiding?

that'll do for now! thank you very much.

A few interesting bits of advice.
Thanks to all those who took the time to contribute!

Great thread! Thanks for those who had provided valuable info!

Anyone care to share comments either through a post or a PM on what questions would NOT be acceptable to ask student/doctor interviewers?

I'm genuinely interested in how future doctors think Medical Marijuana should play a role in healthcare. Thus would it be wrong to ask a student interviewer a Q like this:

"I always read about the medical marijuana debate and I'm curious to know how the current generation of future doctors feel on this subject?"

Would something of that sort be advised against?

Anything else we shouldn't ask for sure?

Anyone care to share comments either through a post or a PM on what questions would NOT be acceptable to ask student/doctor interviewers?

I'm genuinely interested in how future doctors think Medical Marijuana should play a role in healthcare. Thus would it be wrong to ask a student interviewer a Q like this:

"I always read about the medical marijuana debate and I'm curious to know how the current generation of future doctors feel on this subject?"

Would something of that sort be advised against?

Anything else we shouldn't ask for sure?

Sure, go ahead and ask. :laugh:

:thumbdown:

Interesting---generally I like to hear comments from others on issues as a way to compare them to my own.

No, you shouldn't pose such a question. In my experience, it's best to err on the conservative side when asking questions of your interviewer. If you truly want to know how soon-to-be doctors feel about medical marijuana, ask a few students on your own time outside of the interview program.

No, you shouldn't pose such a question. In my experience, it's best to err on the conservative side when asking questions of your interviewer. If you truly want to know how soon-to-be doctors feel about medical marijuana, ask a few students on your own time outside of the interview program.

:thumbup: Got it Thanks!

Is there a high recycle rate of interview questions by the same school every year?

EDIT: Sorry for reviving a dead thread, didn't realize the date - got linked to it from the 2015-2016 FAQ threads.

Is there a high recycle rate of interview questions by the same school every year?

EDIT: Sorry for reviving a dead thread, didn't realize the date - got linked to it from the 2015-2016 FAQ threads.

Still useful!