Pre-Allo Interview Lodging Thread ***2008-2009 Season***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please use this list to post your offers for lodging. Thanks so much.

AL

AR
  • MilkmanAl: If you're coming to Arkansas, I can probably help you out. I don't have any room for you to stay, but I could likely find a couch for you to sleep on. I'd also be happy to drive you around (including airport pick-up) and give you a tour of the area. Message me well ahead of time so I can try to make arrangements.
CA
  • majahops: < 2 miles from UCLA and < 10 miles from USC. Holler at me via PM on here. I got a room and a bed for you and I work at UCLA, so I definitely have you on a ride there. Just let me know at least a few days in advance. Oh yeah, and I got you on a ride from the airport to casa de Tim. No doubt.
DC

FL

GA
  • bodonid: MCG Male no roommate PM only at least 1 week in advance. I live on campus, so you would have the same accomodations if you did the official student-run program. But I'm cooler than those wack-jobs.
IL
  • Stillwaters: I live just north of Rosalind Franklin, but it's a bit of a train ride to the other Chicago area schools. If you fly in after 6 PM, I can pick you up. I have a couch you can use, and maybe dinner. I leave for work at 6:30 a.m., though, so I probably won't be able to drive you to the interview. Good public transport around here, though. PM me if you're interested.
KY

MA Jacqui3932 (BU, Tufts, Harvard). Please PM

MD rogerwilco (Maryland, Hopkins). I live right by the University of Maryland, and am about 2 miles from Hopkins. PM please.

MI

• packofneurons (MSU, U of M, Wayne State/female/living with dad and brother/no pets) Please PM me if you want to arrange something. I can pick you up from the airport and possibly shuttle you to the campus unless my school/work conflicts with that. I am ~1hr away from Wayne/MSU and about 30-45min from UMich. I have a guest room. I am familiar with the campuses, but not with the locations of the interviews.

MN
  • Phoenix.: (Rochester (Mayo)/non-trad female/no roommates/1 friendly dog) PM for contact info. House by St. Mary's Hospital with a guest bedroom & bath; no car needed (but parking available); 3 minute walk to Mayo shuttle (then 5 minutes direct to med school). Happy to be your official host through the Mayo host system, or to host outside of the system. I'm a first year who just went through the application process and am happy to share all Mayo-knowledge I have. :luck:
MO

MS

NY

OH
  • Depakote: (Toledo/male/ no roommate/2 friendly cats) PM or e-mail for Contact info. University of Toledo COM. Less than 5 min from campus. Sofa bed to sleep on, light to moderate snackage + breakfast available. You'll probably want to have a car to get to my place. Just FYI, if I have a test the next day I'm going to have to turn you down, known unavailable dates are 10/6, 10/13, 10/14, 11/12, 11/14, 11/17, 11/19, 12/19, 1/30, 3/6, 4/14, 5/5
OR
  • URHere: (Portland/female/one male roommate/friendly ferret). I live about 5 miles from campus (30 min bus ride). I could provide pick-up from the airport, breakfast, show you around Portland, and take you to the interview in the morning. I also have a spare room with a futon that would be yours to use. PM for contact info.
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

• chad5871 - (Richmond/VCU/male/friendly parents/friendly dog). I am living with my parents for my year off, but they're totally cool. We live about 25 minutes north of VCU and we have a guest room, but I may not be able to provide lodging (if you're desperate I can try to work something out for you) but I can at the least provide a ride to/from the airport and to/from your interview. I went to VCU for undergrad and work at VCU now, so I can answer a lot of your questions about VCU or Richmond in general. I'm also on campus everyday so it won't be too much trouble to give you a ride. PM me for contact info.
WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

QC
  • Vihsadas: (Montreal, Male, Have a spare room and bed, can show you how frickin cool Montreal is!) I live about 5 seconds from campus and about 10 mins (walking) from your interview location. I can't pick you up from the airport, but I can make sure that you get on the right shuttle and pick you up in downtown.
United Kingdom

To add yourself, quote the above (provide the important info, including how you may be contacted) and then remove the ["Quote"] and ["/Quote"] tags.

Members don't see this ad.

AL

AR
MilkmanAl: If you're coming to Arkansas, I can probably help you out. I don't have any room for you to stay, but I could likely find a couch for you to sleep on. I'd also be happy to drive you around (including airport pick-up) and give you a tour of the area. Message me well ahead of time so I can try to make arrangements.
CA
majahops: < 2 miles from UCLA and < 10 miles from USC. Holler at me via PM on here. I got a room and a bed for you and I work at UCLA, so I definitely have you on a ride there. Just let me know at least a few days in advance. Oh yeah, and I got you on a ride from the airport to casa de Tim. No doubt.
DC

FL

GA
bodonid: MCG Male no roommate PM only at least 1 week in advance. I live on campus, so you would have the same accomodations if you did the official student-run program. But I'm cooler than those wack-jobs.

IL
Stillwaters: I live just north of Rosalind Franklin, but it's a bit of a train ride to the other Chicago area schools. If you fly in after 6 PM, I can pick you up. I have a couch you can use, and maybe dinner. I leave for work at 6:30 a.m., though, so I probably won't be able to drive you to the interview. Good public transport around here, though. PM me if you're interested.

Chicago: Logan Square. mas1234. I live off of the blue line, which you can use to get to my apartment from O'Hare and also use to get to anywhere in the city. If you're going to Loyola Stritch, you would need to take a bus from the train to get to the actual hospital. Same thing for UChicago. One additional train transfer to Northwestern. Straight shot to UIC or Rush. no roommates, one cat.

KY

MD rogerwilco (Maryland, Hopkins). I live right by the University of Maryland, and am about 2 miles from Hopkins. PM please.

MI

packofneurons (MSU, U of M, Wayne State/female/living with dad and brother/no pets) Please PM me if you want to arrange something. I can pick you up from the airport and possibly shuttle you to the campus unless my school/work conflicts with that. I am ~1hr away from Wayne/MSU and about 30-45min from UMich. I have a guest room. I am familiar with the campuses, but not with the locations of the interviews.

MN
Phoenix.: (Rochester (Mayo)/non-trad female/no roommates/1 friendly dog) PM for contact info. House by St. Mary's Hospital with a guest bedroom & bath; no car needed (but parking available); 3 minute walk to Mayo shuttle (then 5 minutes direct to med school). Happy to be your official host through the Mayo host system, or to host outside of the system. I'm a first year who just went through the application process and am happy to share all Mayo-knowledge I have.
MO

MS

NY

OH
Depakote: (Toledo/male/ no roommate/2 friendly cats) PM or e-mail for Contact info. University of Toledo COM. Less than 5 min from campus. Sofa bed to sleep on, light to moderate snackage + breakfast available. You'll probably want to have a car to get to my place. Just FYI, if I have a test the next day I'm going to have to turn you down, known unavailable dates are 10/6, 10/13, 10/14, 11/12, 11/14, 11/17, 11/19, 12/19, 1/30, 3/6, 4/14, 5/5
OR
URHere: (Portland/female/one male roommate/friendly ferret). I live about 5 miles from campus (30 min bus ride). I could provide pick-up from the airport, breakfast, show you around Portland, and take you to the interview in the morning. I also have a spare room with a futon that would be yours to use. PM for contact info.
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

chad5871 - (Richmond/VCU/male/friendly parents/friendly dog). I am living with my parents for my year off, but they're totally cool. We live about 25 minutes north of VCU and we have a guest room, but I may not be able to provide lodging (if you're desperate I can try to work something out for you) but I can at the least provide a ride to/from the airport and to/from your interview. I went to VCU for undergrad and work at VCU now, so I can answer a lot of your questions about VCU or Richmond in general. I'm also on campus everyday so it won't be too much trouble to give you a ride. PM me for contact info.
WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

QC
Vihsadas: (Montreal, Male, Have a spare room and bed, can show you how frickin cool Montreal is!) I live about 5 seconds from campus and about 10 mins (walking) from your interview location. I can't pick you up from the airport, but I can make sure that you get on the right shuttle and pick you up in downtown.
United Kingdom

To add yourself, quote the above (provide the important info, including how you may be contacted) and then remove the ["Quote"] and ["/Quote"] tags.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in the Cleveland, OH area and still live at home with my family, roughly 10-18 mins away from Case Western. We can provide a futon, some food, and a ride ( depending if I don't have work or a class ).

anybody have lodging near SUNY Stony Brook? I am going to interview on the 25th of November.

I will provide compensation in drinks!

AL

AR
  • MilkmanAl: If you're coming to Arkansas, I can probably help you out. I don't have any room for you to stay, but I could likely find a couch for you to sleep on. I'd also be happy to drive you around (including airport pick-up) and give you a tour of the area. Message me well ahead of time so I can try to make arrangements.
CA
  • majahops: < 2 miles from UCLA and < 10 miles from USC. Holler at me via PM on here. I got a room and a bed for you and I work at UCLA, so I definitely have you on a ride there. Just let me know at least a few days in advance. Oh yeah, and I got you on a ride from the airport to casa de Tim. No doubt.
DC

FL

GA
  • bodonid: MCG Male no roommate PM only at least 1 week in advance. I live on campus, so you would have the same accomodations if you did the official student-run program. But I'm cooler than those wack-jobs.
IL
  • Stillwaters: I live just north of Rosalind Franklin, but it's a bit of a train ride to the other Chicago area schools. If you fly in after 6 PM, I can pick you up. I have a couch you can use, and maybe dinner. I leave for work at 6:30 a.m., though, so I probably won't be able to drive you to the interview. Good public transport around here, though. PM me if you're interested.
KY

MI

• packofneurons (MSU, U of M, Wayne State/female/living with dad and brother/no pets) Please PM me if you want to arrange something. I can pick you up from the airport and possibly shuttle you to the campus unless my school/work conflicts with that. I am ~1hr away from Wayne/MSU and about 30-45min from UMich. I have a guest room. I am familiar with the campuses, but not with the locations of the interviews.

MN
  • Phoenix.: (Rochester (Mayo)/non-trad female/no roommates/1 friendly dog) PM for contact info. House by St. Mary's Hospital with a guest bedroom & bath; no car needed (but parking available); 3 minute walk to Mayo shuttle (then 5 minutes direct to med school). Happy to be your official host through the Mayo host system, or to host outside of the system. I'm a first year who just went through the application process and am happy to share all Mayo-knowledge I have. :luck:
MO

MS

NY

OH
  • Depakote: (Toledo/male/ no roommate/2 friendly cats) PM or e-mail for Contact info. University of Toledo COM. Less than 5 min from campus. Sofa bed to sleep on, light to moderate snackage + breakfast available. You'll probably want to have a car to get to my place. Just FYI, if I have a test the next day I'm going to have to turn you down, known unavailable dates are 10/6, 10/13, 10/14, 11/12, 11/14, 11/17, 11/19, 12/19, 1/30, 3/6, 4/14, 5/5
OR
  • URHere: (Portland/female/one male roommate/friendly ferret). I live about 5 miles from campus (30 min bus ride). I could provide pick-up from the airport, breakfast, show you around Portland, and take you to the interview in the morning. I also have a spare room with a futon that would be yours to use. PM for contact info.
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

• chad5871 - (Richmond/VCU/male/friendly parents/friendly dog). I am living with my parents for my year off, but they're totally cool. We live about 25 minutes north of VCU and we have a guest room, but I may not be able to provide lodging (if you're desperate I can try to work something out for you) but I can at the least provide a ride to/from the airport and to/from your interview. I went to VCU for undergrad and work at VCU now, so I can answer a lot of your questions about VCU or Richmond in general. I'm also on campus everyday so it won't be too much trouble to give you a ride. PM me for contact info.
WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

QC
  • Vihsadas: (Montreal, Male, Have a spare room and bed, can show you how frickin cool Montreal is!) I live about 5 seconds from campus and about 10 mins (walking) from your interview location. I can't pick you up from the airport, but I can make sure that you get on the right shuttle and pick you up in downtown.
United Kingdom

AL

AR
CA
DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
  • Sylar (Cleveland/male/family/friendly puppy): live in the Cleveland, OH area and still live at home with my family, roughly 10-18 mins away from Case Western, Cleveland Clinic. We can provide a futon, some food, and a ride ( depending if I don't have work or a class ).
OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

QC
United Kingdom

AR
CA

chemphd: Not applying again this year, but I live in SF. We have a den (with futon!) where you could sleep. Not super close to UCSF campus, but can be reached easily enough using public transit (I could drive you down to the station).
DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
  • Sylar (Cleveland/male/family/friendly puppy): live in the Cleveland, OH area and still live at home with my family, roughly 10-18 mins away from Case Western, Cleveland Clinic. We can provide a futon, some food, and a ride ( depending if I don't have work or a class ).
OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

QC
United Kingdom

I'm currently applying to med school and running all over the country for interviews, so I'd be more than willing to couch share. I have a cat, and he's hypoallergenic, but you might have to share with him too. I'm in the east bay of San Francisco, CA, and my apartment is right off the Pleasant Hill BART station, about an hour train ride from SFO, or 30 minutes from OAK. Its about an hour from both UCSF and Davis, but if you go to Davis, you'll have to rent a car to get there from my place. You can make it to UCSF via public transportation, but it'll take about an hour and a half from my place.

It isn't much, but if you are strapped for cash, its there.

AR
CA

chemphd: Not applying again this year, but I live in SF. We have a den (with futon!) where you could sleep. Not super close to UCSF campus, but can be reached easily enough using public transit (I could drive you down to the station).
DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

• Golfyfan. Female, no pets, live with parents. Not sure how useful this is as I'm not sure University of Ottawa takes internationals, but I'll post this just so the info is out here. Who knows, it may help someone someday. City of Ottawa, University of Ottawa medical school. 2 couches to choose from, may have a spare bedroom but it depends. Able to provide food, tour of the city, university. About 35 minutes bus to Hospital and Med school. May pickup at airport depending on time and availability, but very convenient busing as well. PM 1 week ahead.

QC
United Kingdom

AR
  • MilkmanAl: If you're coming to Arkansas, I can probably help you out. I don't have any room for you to stay, but I could likely find a couch for you to sleep on. I'd also be happy to drive you around (including airport pick-up) and give you a tour of the area. Message me well ahead of time so I can try to make arrangements.d
CA

DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
  • brentb23: (Cincinnati/Male/live with girlfriend/friendly dog) PM me for contact info. University of Cincinnati SMP graduate applying to medical school. Willing to host people for Cincinnati! 5 minute drive, I can drop off. Extra Bed available, clean sheets and blanket/shower towel. I am all for vetoing the useless spending in hotels/rental cars. the only caveat would be if I have to work an overnight shift in the ED (unless your a girl, then I could probably leave you at my house with my med student year II girlfriend.

OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

• Golfyfan. Female, no pets, live with parents. Not sure how useful this is as I'm not sure University of Ottawa takes internationals, but I'll post this just so the info is out here. Who knows, it may help someone someday. City of Ottawa, University of Ottawa medical school. 2 couches to choose from, may have a spare bedroom but it depends. Able to provide food, tour of the city, university. About 35 minutes bus to Hospital and Med school. May pickup at airport depending on time and availability, but very convenient busing as well. PM 1 week ahead.

QC
United Kingdom

To add yourself, quote the above (provide the important info, including how you may be contacted) and then remove the ["Quote"] and ["/Quote"] tags.[/quote]

• MilkmanAl: If you're coming to Arkansas, I can probably help you out. I don't have any room for you to stay, but I could likely find a couch for you to sleep on. I'd also be happy to drive you around (including airport pick-up) and give you a tour of the area. Message me well ahead of time so I can try to make arrangements.d
CA

DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

• streetlight (Harvard, BU, Tufts) I have a super comfortable futon that folds out into a bed. Am right next to the subway (T) stop in Kenmore square so it's easy to get to any of the schools from there. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll get in contact with you. Mostly should be fine as long as I'm in Boston and not on interviews myself. I don't have a car, but can tell you how to get from the airport or the bus/train station easily.

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
  • brentb23: (Cincinnati/Male/live with girlfriend/friendly dog) PM me for contact info. University of Cincinnati SMP graduate applying to medical school. Willing to host people for Cincinnati! 5 minute drive, I can drop off. Extra Bed available, clean sheets and blanket/shower towel. I am all for vetoing the useless spending in hotels/rental cars. the only caveat would be if I have to work an overnight shift in the ED (unless your a girl, then I could probably leave you at my house with my med student year II girlfriend.

OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

To add yourself, quote the above (provide the important info, including how you may be contacted) and then remove the ["Quote"] and ["/Quote"] tags.[/quote]

CA

Lukkie: Male, studio apartment in Westwood. I walk to campus. I only have a studio apartment but my couch folds out into a bed. For living comfort you're probably better off with majahops but since I live in Westwood (right next to the grad student housing, where you will probably live as a med student) you might get a taste of student life. especially with the de facto school bar O'hara across the street from me.

DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

• streetlight (Harvard, BU, Tufts) I have a super comfortable futon that folds out into a bed. Am right next to the subway (T) stop in Kenmore square so it's easy to get to any of the schools from there. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll get in contact with you. Mostly should be fine as long as I'm in Boston and not on interviews myself. I don't have a car, but can tell you how to get from the airport or the bus/train station easily.

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH

OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

AK
AZ

• mmmcdowe: Phoenix AZ, hour and a half from U of A, but some people interview at the Phoenix campus. 15 mins from that one. No pets, no smoking. Pullout couch available. Would be willing to drive in exchange for expenses (for a trip to Tuscan), if not busy. I live in an apartment, no gender discrimination but modest sleeping attire is appreciated.
CA

Lukkie: Male, studio apartment in Westwood. I walk to campus. I only have a studio apartment but my couch folds out into a bed. For living comfort you're probably better off with majahops but since I live in Westwood (right next to the grad student housing, where you will probably live as a med student) you might get a taste of student life. especially with the de facto school bar O'hara across the street from me.

DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

AK
AZ

• mmmcdowe: Phoenix AZ, hour and a half from U of A, but some people interview at the Phoenix campus. 15 mins from that one. No pets, no smoking. Pullout couch available. Would be willing to drive in exchange for expenses (for a trip to Tuscan), if not busy. I live in an apartment, no gender discrimination but modest sleeping attire is appreciated.
CA

DC

FL

GA
IL
  • zipmedic: 28/male/one roommate/no pets. I'm in Chicago within 10 minute commute of Northwestern, Rush, and Northwestern. Depending on my schedule, am willing to provide a ride to Loyola and/or UChicago as well. Comfy futon and breakfast are included.
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

AK
AZ

CA

DC

FL

GA
IL
  • zipmedic: 28/male/one roommate/no pets. I'm in Chicago within 10 minute commute of Northwestern, Rush, and Northwestern. Depending on my schedule, am willing to provide a ride to Loyola and/or UChicago as well. Comfy futon and breakfast are included.
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
OR
PA
NYPharm99 (female) -provides transportation, lodging, internet and breakfast. Residential, safe neighborhood. Large guestroom in private house. Close to Drexel, UPenn, Temple, PCOM

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

AK
AZ

CA

DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
OR
PA

RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

AK
AZ

CA

DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

OH
OR
PA
NYPharm99 (female) has a large guestroom in private house close to Drexel, Temple, PCOM and USP. Will provide transportation to and from airport and to interview location. Breakfast and internet available.
RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

To add yourself, quote the above (provide the important info, including how you may be contacted) and then remove the ["Quote"] and ["/Quote"] tags.[/quote][/quote]

AK
AZ

CA

DC

FL

GA
IL
KY

MI

MN
MO

MS

NY

NC

• little pebble (Wake Forest): PM for contact info as soon as you can. Comfortable twin bed in office and a free ride to school. Maybe you'll get my room if I'm up ridiculously late. Side note -- if you're coming to Wake and you can bring your own car, do so! (It's a long 25 minute cab ride from Greensboro.) Breakfast if you don't mind oatmeal, eggs, and / or toast. Possibly can show you how cool the Dash is if I don't have an exam in the next week.

OH

OR
PA
NYPharm99 (female) has a large guestroom in private house close to Drexel, Temple, PCOM and USP. Will provide transportation to and from airport and to interview location. Breakfast and internet available.
RI

TN

TX

VA

WA

INTERNATIONAL
Canada

ON

QC
United Kingdom

Last edited:
wow so many good people on SDN. Thanks guys

I can take people in Seattle. I live very close to the medical center where interviews go down. Everyone is welcome!