Pre-Anatomy @ WUHS/COMP

Started by DOS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOS

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
COMP offers an optional 3-week "pre-anatomy" course at the end of June. I have never taken an anatomy course, and I haven't been in a classroom in 7 years (BA 1992), so I'm really not sure where my study skills lie at this point. I took the MCAT in 4/98 (27) studying after work without too much problem. Do you think taking this pre-anatomy course would be to my advantage? It would mean quitting my job a couple of weeks earlier than planned and relocating in a hurry. Thoughts?

[This message has been edited by DOS (edited May 27, 1999).]
 
Dos--
I'm not sure that startin' school earlier than you need is a good idea. I won't start school until Aug. myself.
I can see your point dough - if I hadn't taken anat/phy in undergrad - I would've most likely ended up taking the course myself. The people from Western told me during the interview that for those who had never had anat/phy, it would be a real advantage to take it before the real thing.
later
--nicolas--
WesternU'03

PS: congrats on your acceptance.
smile.gif
 
dos,
i would highly recommend it...not unless you really NEED the money, why wouldn't you want to? i bought the books yesterday and it is a lot of material that is introduced. i would suggest buying the book and looking through it if you're not gonna take the course, especiallly since you haven't been in school in a while. anyway, congrats and hope to meet you soon.
adriana