You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pre-Dec interviews and no Dec 1st decisions!
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Trying really hard to be optimistic. Still waiting to hear back from one school, but so far I'm 0/3
It is alright, at the moment I am 0/3, 1/3 wait list. The other 2, not a peep.Trying really hard to be optimistic. Still waiting to hear back from one school, but so far I'm 0/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am 0/3
I hope you're right! I'm honestly pretty surprised I haven't heard from at least one school... 4 interviews and I thought the last 3 went well... have to try and stay positive it's not over yet
Yeah, I left all of my interviews thinking they went well, and all three of them were in September (2) and October (1). But I guess I'll just have to remember that life really does go on.
I left all of my interviews feeling like I did a great job, and I've gotten a waitlist and 2 no responses thus far... I've got an interview tomorrow morning at UNLV, does anyone know how quickly post-dec 1 acceptances may happen?
Yeah, I left all of my interviews thinking they went well, and all three of them were in September (2) and October (1). But I guess I'll just have to remember that life really does go on.
Yea, life really does go on. It's hard watching all the excitement. But I think the next batch of acceptances will be HUGE. Soooooo many people have multiple offers. There are bound to be ones that free up. Simple math.
My friend, whom I met at my UCSF interview, told me that 3/4 dental students that hosted him that weekend did not get in December 1st. So indeed, there will be spots that will free up! 🙂Yea, life really does go on. It's hard watching all the excitement. But I think the next batch of acceptances will be HUGE. Soooooo many people have multiple offers. There are bound to be ones that free up. Simple math.
I feel the pain guys. Applied to 8, interviewed at 4, got 0 from schools so far and I'm pretty sure they're done with their Dec 1 acceptances. Always the hope of waitlist acceptance but at this point I feel like it's just better to not get my hopes up. Just gotta relax and soon enjoy the Christmas break.
They usually send another batch in January from what I've heard.If people accept their first choice right away (say in the next couple days) and reject their other offers, do those schools send out more acceptances right away based on how many spots open up? Or do they wait until January for another round of acceptances?
Crickets from all 4 schools :/
Well this is going to be a long winter break lolThey usually send another batch in January from what I've heard.
Well this is going to be a long winter break lol
Are there any schools that you might get post decembers from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If people accept their first choice right away (say in the next couple days) and reject their other offers, do those schools send out more acceptances right away based on how many spots open up? Or do they wait until January for another round of acceptances?
Depends on the school but looking at previous cycles people do get accepted all throughout December.
I applied to 10 schools and have heard nothing. But I guess no news is good news?
MWU-AZ, Roseman, USC. Got the rejection from WesternU last night.
MWU-AZ, Roseman, USC. Got the rejection from WesternU last night.
Eeep ☹️. Makes me nervous because my only pre-December interview was WesternU. I'm wishing the best for you!
Also waiting on USC too, still no word.
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm waiting on WESTERNU still too. What was reason for rejection if you don't mind me asking?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm waiting on WESTERNU still too. What was reason for rejection if you don't mind me asking?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
just got waitlisted at nova
Depends on the school but looking at previous cycles people do get accepted all throughout December.
Which schools accept people throughout December?
They didn't give a reason, just a boiler plate rejection letter. Was pretty surprised to, thought the interview went well.Also waiting on USC too, still no word.
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm waiting on WESTERNU still too. What was reason for rejection if you don't mind me asking?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They didn't give a reason, just a boiler plate rejection letter. Was pretty surprised to, thought the interview went well.
I'm a little nervous now since I thought my interview went well too. When did you interview?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oct 1. Seems like a good sign that you didn't get the rejection email. I would be hopeful if I were you.I'm a little nervous now since I thought my interview went well too. When did you interview?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I would like to think that too, but they could be rejecting in order of interview date. I interviewed in November. We shall see!Oct 1. Seems like a good sign that you didn't get the rejection email. I would be hopeful if I were you.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Man this is brutal I really don't want to have to go through this again... -_-I had 6 pre-Dec interviews and still haven't heard anything. Other than a waitlist from Nova.
There seems to be a lot of people this cycle who interviewed at several schools and not hear back from any of them on Dec. 1st..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the same boat as everybody on the thread, I had 3 pre-december interviews and haven't heard much. I got a rejection from Oklahoma and then haven't heard anything from ASDOH or the University of Utah...I think all we can do is keeping working hard to make sure that our applications get stronger and play the waiting game some more.
Similar... 2 waitlists, 1 rejection and 1 silence.. already planning on doing a science master's and retaking the DAT at this point. I don't want to just sit on my hands for the next 6 monthsI'm in the same boat as everybody on the thread, I had 3 pre-december interviews and haven't heard much. I got a rejection from Oklahoma and then haven't heard anything from ASDOH or the University of Utah...I think all we can do is keeping working hard to make sure that our applications get stronger and play the waiting game some more.
Similar... 2 waitlists, 1 rejection and 1 silence.. already planning on doing a science master's and retaking the DAT at this point. I don't want to just sit on my hands for the next 6 months
Retake a 22 AA? Think you should hold your horses on that one.
17 PAT though which I'm assuming is hurting me [emoji58]Retake a 22 AA? Think you should hold your horses on that one.
17 PAT though which I'm assuming is hurting me [emoji58]
Don't think its that. A waitlist you can still get off of.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 280
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K